Tormenta Noel in Los Minas/Los Tres Brazos

felixelgato

Sep 25, 2007
YouTube - Los 3 Brazos Tierra de nadie (Republica Dominicana)

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BbNmrVq2cMXIA&emid=sharshar&linkid=link5

More videos on You Tube, later on. I shot these personally while volunteering.

Hey Friends,
I hope you are all fine.
I am lucky to have a solid home, but many of the residents of my part of town, Santo Domingo Este, do not share the same luck.
I participate at the San Lorenzo de Los Minas Catholic Church and many of the parishioners and inhabitants around the church live in extreme poverty and have lost their home s and even loved ones.

Please let me know, if you think you can contribute economically or even as a volunteer when ever you have a chance to visit here one day. The amount does not matter.
I have two ideas.
Number one is to utilize part of the funds to provide immediate relief.
I will meet with the Parish Priest and the Community Council to identify some families that need the most assistance.

Another project that your contribution will support is that we are trying to establish a long term response to the present reality in the Dominican Republic with an Italian/American Non Profit Avsi Usa/International and the local Dominican Organization Jesuit operated Centro Montalvo. The Jesuits are very involved in accompanying Dominicans in their personal and community development.

Your checks will go either to the San Lorenzo Catholic church,direct families or Centro Montalvo. I will let you know.

I am attaching photos of the devastations.
I will keep you updated
Even if you are unable to contribute, or already helping people in other parts of the country,Please keep the people here present in your thoughts and prayers. Folks here will also do the same for you all in your hardships, especially for every one in the rest of the DR and California.

Thanks on behalf o the San Lorenzo Community.
Fraternally
Felix

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Wow that's terrible, those houses are halfway underwater, hopefully the contributions will go to the people who need it.

felixelgato

Sep 25, 2007
Economic report

The Organizations involved will send all donors an ecomic report, photos and the oppurtunity to meet the families you have assisted, when ever you are in the country.

We will have a Non Profit, the Human Adventure Corporation in NYC accepting checks on our behalf.

I will provide details as soon as possible.
Thanks
Fraternally
Felix

felixelgato

Sep 25, 2007
Centro de Estudios Sociales Padre Juan Montalvo, S.J.
Check this website out, there is great information if you want to know the reality of how hard this storm hit Santo Domingo and they offer many options on how you can help.

If you Specifically want to assist Los Minas/Los Tres Brazos, PM me directly. We will be recieving funds through Centro Montalvo, but I am coordinating for this zone.

Thanks
Fraternally
Felix

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
So can someone visit these areas or are they off limits? I'm sure people who want to donate would like their donations going directly to the affected people.

I know many organizations here in NYC are collecting anything possible to send there to the victims. Tomorrow the radio station 93.1 will be at 211th st. and Broadway and Super canal Caribe will also be collecting, don't have the address though.

felixelgato

Sep 25, 2007
You can contact the centers that have people living there affected by the storm:

Centro de Estudios Sociales Padre Juan Montalvo, S.J.

This is a list, but go to the website, it has more details, like amount of people,children elderly, everything you can think of.

Again this is a different area.

if you want to help out my areas, PM so we can coordinate. If you are in the country I can take you to meet the people you are helping and provide anything else you need. If you are abroad, for Los Tres brazos people I am working with we will have a nonprofit in NYC reiveing checks, more info as soon as I have some.

Colaboraci?n y donaciones :

En la sede del Centro Bon? estamos recibiendo los siguientes productos para el socorro de las v?ctimas [Por favor, NO TRAIGA otro tipo de productos ; para otras donaciones dirigirse a los Centros de Refugio indicados m?s abajo] :

Leche
Galletas
Alilmentos en lata
Linternas
Pilas
Mantas

Se reciben en Josefa Brea 65 (casi esq. 27 de Febrero), Barrio Mejoramiento Social, D.N.

Donaciones en dinero :
Banco Popular / Cuenta Nro 056-66191-3 (en Pesos Dominicanos)
Banco Popular / Cuenta Nro 455-12693-8 (en D?lares americanos)
Contacto : Nancy Lee
nlee@centrojuanmontalvo.org.do

CENTROS DE REFUGIO

I. ZONA : Santo Domingo, Circunscripci?n Tres

LA CIENEGA

Escuela Virgen del Carmen
Contacto : Sandra Byas (Directora), 809 686 13 68 / David Santana, 809 209 9022 / Domingo Bueno, 829-890-0987.

GUACHUPITA
Escuela San Mart?n de Porres
Contacto : Franklin Castillo, 829 262 1884 / Enrique Baez, 809 538 7270.

Escuela Domingo Savio
Contacto : Hna. Ivelisse o Padre Javier Vidal (p?rroco de la parroquia de los Guandules, la Ci?nega y Guachupita), (1) 809 224 0780.

LA CIENEGA DE LOS GUANDULES

Escuela Hermana Matilde
Contacto : Javier del Villar 809 953 23 91 (promotor legal del SJRM).

Escuela San Rafael
Contacto : Andr?s Matas Mor?n, 829 809 2006 / 809 930 35 70

Iglesia Santidad de Jehov?
Contacto : Wilson Antonio, 809 460 1544.

Iglesia La Hermosa
Contacto : Francisco Vicioso, 809-684-6861.

PANTOJA / LOS ALCARRIZOS
Escuela prox. a Junta Municipal, Las Flores de Pantoja.
Contacto : Camilo (Junta Municipal)

Escuela de Villa Linda (Palmarejo)
Contacto : -.

Escuela Valle Encantado
Sr. Jefe de Inspecci?n y Fiscalizaci?n del Ayuntamiento.

II. ZONA SUR - San Crist?bal Contacto : Mois?s Joseph 829 250 1169.

III. ZONA : Barahona

Bateyes del 1-18
Contactos : Norma de PROMUS (1) 809 861 3864 / Alcib?ades de CEAJURI (1) 809 524 38 89.

IV. ZONA ESTE : Regi?n Higuamo Bayaguana
Contacto : F?tima presidenta de la Federaci?n de Mujeres de Bayaguana (1) 829 882 01 32.

Guerra
Contacto : Rojas de FEDEMUGE (1) 809 526 5332.

Los Llanos
Contacto : Argentina de Federaci?n de Los Llanos (1) 829 984 20 40