Total Confusion abt Residents’ Right to Get Vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny200

Oct 1, 2020
Santo Domingo
Hello,
Can anyone confirm or infirm my right as a resident to get vaccinated against Covid in the DR.
I registered in the webpage called ‘ Plan National de Vacunación’ and my registration was successful.
However, when I attempted to book an appointment to get vaccinated, I received the message that read something like: no eres un nacional dominicano

I thought legal residents like myself were included in the vaccination campaign of the DR.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Yes you can get the vaccine. Just show up with your cedula and you shouldn't have any problems. Pretty much every hospital does them. We did our first at PUJ in March and our second at Centro Medical in Bavaro.

There was some confusion in Bavaro as the guy with the vaccines was an hour late but once he showed up it went fairly quickly.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
As a permanent resident, who has received his 2 shots of vaccine, I can only advise you to attend a clinic that is vaccinating your age group.......in my case Union Medico, Santiago.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Here on the north coast, vaccine doses have even been given to overstay tourists. Passport accepted as ID. Not sure what is happening in other parts of the country.

Reactions: Manny200

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I check every day. It does read: "De acuerdo a su edad, no le corresponde agendar cita en la fase actual." I did not see any message as stated by the OT. It is just not your turn yet when you are under 60 or so.

Reactions: Manny200

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hello,
Can anyone confirm or infirm my right as a resident to get vaccinated against Covid in the DR.
I registered in the webpage called ‘ Plan National de Vacunación’ and my registration was successful.
However, when I attempted to book an appointment to get vaccinated, I received the message that read something like: no eres un nacional dominicano

I thought legal residents like myself were included in the vaccination campaign of the DR.
Where are you located?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Here on the north coast, vaccine doses have even been given to overstay tourists. Passport accepted as ID. Not sure what is happening in other parts of the country.
I can confirm this. Illegal aliens such as you describe have been vaccinated using passports only to prove their age.

Different locations will do different things at different times. This is the DR.

Just show up and see if you can get vaccinated.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you are under 60 and want to ensure you can get the vaccine when you go, bring an older person with you. I remain disappointed in the communication to the public with respect to where these clinics are and when they are operating. Time and time again, public locations require some local geographic knowledge to know where the clinics are actually located and often the published hours of operation are inaccurate if the location is listed at all. I can sort of understand a clinic being cancelled if there is no vaccine available, but otherwise when the Govt lists that one will operate on Sunday April 4, then it should operate on that day otherwise the cancellation should be announced in the same place that originally announced the clinic operating. None of this travel to a clinic only to find out there is nothing happening and no one there. Also it needs to be much easier to determine who is being accepted on any given day at any of these clinics.

From past experience most of us understand that websites here in the DR are often not updated often enough and any online forms to be filled out are notoriously unreliable. While online appointments are a good idea, this is something that just can't be pulled off here with any degree of consistency- think the immigration entry exit online form as an example.. Accurate information from Public Health on vaccine availability should not be as poor as it is at this stage of the game. Currently there is way too much uncertainty with the public. Can I get a vaccine shot at this location?, Is the clinic even operating? Is the clinic for everyone or just Cedula holders above a certain age? Are they giving either shot or just the second dose? Getting vaccinated should not be reduced to a lottery of chance and circumstance. One should not be compelled to travel on the off chance that they can get vaccinated. We should be confident that upon arrival we will be vaccinated if there are sufficient shots available before we set off. i.m.o.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Local hospital in Maimon Bonao will vaccinate resident/non resident according to age.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife showed up with an older person, me, and they would not vaccinate her.
Must depend where you go. I took my wifes 90 year old aunt and her 23 year old daughter in law as her companera and they both got their shots, I also took my MIL and maid and we all three got our shots.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I only know from my own experience. I am (way) over 60 & I went to the Ayuntamiento in Sosua a month ago, and, yes: it was a sh*t show. However, I was directed to the Multiuso/you know the covered basketball court just past Los Castillos, for my 2nd jab. I spent more time in my taxi than I did in actual medical attention. HOWEVER: please be aware that they don't have the stamp/apostille that you need to make it absolutely kosher. So my taxi took me to the oficina salud (& they give you address & phone)it's on the malecon, & they stamp your card there. Yes: seems a step one shouldn't need, but, 2.5 world, and the nice lady told me they actually only have one stamp. So there you go. I got it. I have it. The best vaccine you can get is the vaccine you can get, and in 2 weeks, I am dusting off my passport!

alke

Apr 7, 2021
Dominican Republic
I just went to the airport in Punta Cana for a shot. They are currently vaccinating people over 50. They asked for my cedula. I told them I did not have one. I told them I had my passport. I have spent 3 of the last 4 years in the Dominican Republic. I was turned down.

I am seeking the closest place to Punta Cana that will give me a shot without a cedula. I do have a passport.

Hoping someone can shed light on this.

Thanks

Aug 21, 2007
Got my first shot. Am over 60. Have a cedula. Getting ready to travel, went to the public hospital in Jamao for the COVID test for the flight. It was free. Results in one hour or less. AND after just my first poke, showed that I had Antigens! Guess the vaccine really works!

P.S. Instead of the second dose of Sinovac, I have an appointment on Thursday in the state of Washington for the one jab Johnson & Johnson. Am worried that if and when there are vaccine passports, the US will refuse to recognize the Chinese vaccine. You know how the US is with China.

Status
Not open for further replies.