Tourist card

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I suppose you have never had a traffic stop and pay a propina to go? So, if stopped will you still "stand on principle (in the DR) or pay the dishonest cop? He's part of government. As far as "The government should not charge non-tourists the..." in the end we are all visitors . For expats, resident or not (except citizens ) this is not our country. IMO no vote=no say. For me, personally, $10 = no stress.
hardly the same thing....... your propina is voluntary, this is not..........MUCH different

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
hardly the same thing....... your propina is voluntary, this is not..........MUCH different

In fairness, they seem to be keen to ensure that we do apply for the refund. They are sending out reminder emails to apply for this for all residents who enter, so it's not like they are trying to hang on to the money.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Who wants to go through uploading photos, etc. for 10 Bucks. Not me............

And what about the $20 they charge when you leave. I understand that is on the ticket also........Am I right about this if anyone knows?

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Who wants to go through uploading photos, etc. for 10 Bucks. Not me............

And what about the $20 they charge when you leave. I understand that is on the ticket also........Am I right about this if anyone knows?
Yes, that and all other fees and taxes are charged on the flight purchase

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
As if there arn't enuf hurdles we face each day living in the DR, I'm not going to any way, matter or form add to stressful things. Standing on principe over $10 is not for me. Just me. Others that care to pass an hour or so on BS and 10 bucs have fun :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OK johne..... if you have an alternative..... you have an option..... hence voluntary...... you 'opt', 'volunteer'

English language we're using here.....