Tourist Locations in Santiago

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
What places to visit while in Santiago? (besides the Monument, besides PP, done that)

Art galleries, Parks, Historical places, any interesting places a tourist can visit while there?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
At the head of the Panorama sector, between Juan Pablo Duarte and 27 de Febrero and between the Ayuntamiento and Constanza Street (Across the street from Bromelia), in back of the Banco Caribe, there is a large building with an Italian Kitchen place on the left and and a fabulous art collection on the right. It is kind of hidden, but it is fantastic.

There is also the Folklore Museum on Restauracion, just below 30 de Marzo.

And there are some great night spots and beginning on the 14th of this month: BASEBALL!!!

HB

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
The cigar factory, Camp David restaurant for the view and my personal favorite the cock fights (one of the many areanas in and around the City)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Plaza Hermanos Gomez Diaz as well as the Car Wash is now under DNCD custody as part of the process against this deported drug smuggler. He is reportedly a part of the airplane ring that bought twin engined planes in the US, equipped them here, and then flew them to South America for "special" cargoes that were then either brought back here or to Central American(Honduras_) according to the reports.

HB

Plaza Hermanos Gomez Diaz as well as the Car Wash is now under DNCD custody as part of the process against this deported drug smuggler. He is reportedly a part of the airplane ring that bought twin engined planes in the US, equipped them here, and then flew them to South America for "special" cargoes that were then either brought back here or to Central American(Honduras_) according to the reports.

HB

Shame as it was a cultural hotspot where newly arrived tourist could immerse themselves into Dominican culture.

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
At the head of the Panorama sector, between Juan Pablo Duarte and 27 de Febrero and between the Ayuntamiento and Constanza Street (Across the street from Bromelia), in back of the Banco Caribe, there is a large building with an Italian Kitchen place on the left and and a fabulous art collection on the right. It is kind of hidden, but it is fantastic.

There is also the Folklore Museum on Restauracion, just below 30 de Marzo.

And there are some great night spots and beginning on the 14th of this month: BASEBALL!!!

HB

Cool. 27 de Febrero... Memories! Jaja
Yes, I like to see folkloric stuff, things about the countries culture. I heard there's a Tiano museum somewhere. Thanks