Tourist visa extension and return flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thats interesting windy. Can you please direct me to a link affirming that?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Correct
If you try to book a 1 way ticket you get a warning....

I book'em all the time........ residents & citizens can

If asked - I just show my residency card

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Here is something

Visitors must have a ticket entering and leaving the country, the financial means to pay for their stay, and an address in the Dominican Republic where they will be staying.

from this website -

That is a good one. Notice it also has this caveat:

TOURIST VISA REQUIRED:
Not required for visits shorter than 30 days

giuposd

Jul 25, 2020
Italy
Thanks all for the comments. Someone I know, an immigration lawyer, recommended I buy the return flight flying back within 4 months from the arrival date. But just to be safe because she did say too that often times they don't even check. Everything is a grey area...

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
Thank you. Yes, I mean the tourist card. I found the link to apply online. it seems really simple.
It only takes 5 min to apply two days later your emailed with approval It so easy now todo extension no excuses from anyone,and I’m couch potato ;)

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
Correct
If you try to book a 1 way ticket you get a warning....

I book'em all the time........ residents & citizens can

If asked - I just show my residency card
Are you buying ticket from US when you get warning? I’m flying from Canada and never received warning from west jet ?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
All airlines are all required by the DR government to have passenger show they have a ticket to leave the DR.
Airlines can be severely fined if a passenger does not have such a ticket out.
Many airlines ignore this , JetBlue does not.
I think you are saying that JetBlue requires you to buy a return ticket, which is not true. A friend of mine regularly comes down on JetBlue with a one way ticket because he doesn't know when he will be ready to return. He did this recently, coming down at the beginning of July then buying his return ticket for last Sunday while he was here.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I think you are saying that JetBlue requires you to buy a return ticket, which is not true. A friend of mine regularly comes down on JetBlue with a one way ticket because he doesn't know when he will be ready to return. He did this recently, coming down at the beginning of July then buying his return ticket for last Sunday while he was here.
OK - my friend expanded on this a bit. It seems that when you book your ticket to come here online, it asks if you have a return ticket. You just click "yes" and that's it.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Thanks all for the comments. Someone I know, an immigration lawyer, recommended I buy the return flight flying back within 4 months from the arrival date. But just to be safe because she did say too that often times they don't even check. Everything is a grey area...
Your last sentence sums it up perfectly!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I believe you should contact the community member windeguy. If memory serves me correct, he can extend 30 day tourist cards direct from under his carport. I am not sure if he accepts credit cards, or is effectivo (cash) only.
He is more than willing to provide his home address, and assist all those in need regarding this matter, or so I've heard from time to time.

Reactions: johne

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Are you buying ticket from US when you get warning? I’m flying from Canada and never received warning from west jet ?

I haven't bought a Cdn ticket in 2 yrs or so and can't remember the online process
but WestJet has been known to ask for it - at check-in.... not often

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I believe you should contact the community member windeguy. If memory serves me correct, he can extend 30 day tourist cards direct from under his carport. I am not sure if he accepts credit cards, or is effectivo (cash) only.
He is more than willing to provide his home address, and assist all those in need regarding this matter, or so I've heard from time to time.
You are so right except I don't have a carport.

For only $1,000 US I can provide a link, just like I have many times now, on how to try to extend a tourist card, but do note that the extension does not mean the overstay was legal.

In fact no overstay past 30 days on a tourist card is legal.
Says so right on the lovely government website, it does. A tourist card has no way to be extended legally based upon DR immigration laws.

We will see if the new government actually enforces the laws as they say they will which the PLD ignored for 16 years.

PayPal works just fine.

Reactions: Caonabo

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Some airlines set that policy no?
It comes down to the airline's policy,if you arrive to a foreign country and you are refused entry and you only have a one way ticket the airline must pay to fly you back,discount airlines Spirit and Jetblue always ask and American Airlines never asks.

Sep 22, 2009

For only $1,000 US I can provide a link, just like I have many times now, on how to try to extend a tourist card, but do note that the extension does not mean the overstay was legal.

Says so right on the lovely government website, it does. A tourist card has no way to be extended legally based upon DR immigration laws.

We will see if the new government actually enforces the laws as they say they will which the PLD ignored for 16 years.

PayPal works just fine.
You're really drilling your point home. I think the folks get it. It is very clear you have a profound contempt of these overstayers. Otherwise you would be at rest with your ceddi, smile and let others take the risks they so choose. I personally don't care if 95% of the surfs up bruh mango house and encuentro shack renters stay for 50 years!

Reactions: Mariahboater

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario

PayPal works just fine.
You really have a disdain for overstayers! If the government didn’t want them they would simply block not make it easier to extend there stay 120 days I personally don’t care as long a beer cold women warm and washroom close!

Status
Not open for further replies.