Tourist visa extension and return flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
You are so right except I don't have a carport.

For only $1,000 US I can provide a link, just like I have many times now, on how to try to extend a tourist card, but do note that the extension does not mean the overstay was legal.

In fact no overstay past 30 days on a tourist card is legal.
Says so right on the lovely government website, it does. A tourist card has no way to be extended legally based upon DR immigration laws.

We will see if the new government actually enforces the laws as they say they will which the PLD ignored for 16 years.

PayPal works just fine.

Just trying to assist you during these difficult Covid times, where many fine themselves to be vulnerable.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
You're really drilling your point home. I think the folks get it. It is very clear you have a profound contempt of these overstayers. Otherwise you would be at rest with your ceddi, smile and let others take the risks they so choose. I personally don't care if 95% of the surfs up bruh mango house and encuentro shack renters stay for 50 years!

It is a welcome distraction from the Chinese Virus, and Tropical Disturbances though.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
You really have a disdain for overstayers! If the government didn’t want them they would simply block not make it easier to extend there stay 120 days I personally don’t care as long a beer cold women warm and washroom close!

1597247064115.png

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Hi to all.

On questions regarding the legal extension of your stay in the country, please consult this thread:

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I simply pay the overstay fee and i always stay for 4-6 months. But I do believe you can extend the tourist card for an additional 30 or 60 days. These guys would know better than me since I'm not interested in that hassle.
Oh!!! now you went and did it!!

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I simply pay the overstay fee and i always stay for 4-6 months. But I do believe you can extend the tourist card for an additional 30 or 60 days. These guys would know better than me since I'm not interested in that hassle.
Old post ! My bad

tempo

Aug 5, 2020
US
Thanks all for the comments. Someone I know, an immigration lawyer, recommended I buy the return flight flying back within 4 months from the arrival date. But just to be safe because she did say too that often times they don't even check. Everything is a grey area...
I do not know how often, if ever, you have been to the DR. I have been going there since 2011, several times a year and mostly for a week two weeks tops. I have never, NEVER been asked for a return ticket. I am not going to say, it may not happen, given that it is on the book. I have on one occasion even bought a one way Jetblue ticket (Jetblue definitely allows that and the warning, is also a sales ploy, to my mind!) - same result at immigration kiosk - yawn!

Dawiky502

Aug 10, 2020
Santiago
I do not know how often, if ever, you have been to the DR. I have been going there since 2011, several times a year and mostly for a week two weeks tops. I have never, NEVER been asked for a return ticket. I am not going to say, it may not happen, given that it is on the book. I have on one occasion even bought a one way Jetblue ticket (Jetblue definitely allows that and the warning, is also a sales ploy, to my mind!) - same result at immigration kiosk - yawn!
Migration never asks for it, airlines do,
Copa made me buy a return ticket once, in the check in desk, at 3:00 am in Santiago Chile. Jetblue also asks for the return ticket. AA never does. I literally buy it in front of them and cancel it in the plane.

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What airline do you fly that is continually violating DR regulations?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In all my years... I am rarely asked for a return...

My flights have been from USA & Canada
WestJet & JetBlue/United

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In all my years... I am rarely asked for a return...

My flights have been from USA & Canada
WestJet & JetBlue/United
Do you not show them a DR legal residency card (or a DR passport from naturalization) when you check in? They never asked me either because I had one of those.

Jet Blue required my step grandson to have a return ticket the last time we brought him with us to the DR (both his parents are Dominican, but he was born in the US). We had to purchase that while we were at the bag check in Florida.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Migration never asks for it, airlines do,
Copa made me buy a return ticket once, in the check in desk, at 3:00 am in Santiago Chile. Jetblue also asks for the return ticket. AA never does. I literally buy it in front of them and cancel it in the plane.
I've been asked when flying Spirit in the past.
Bought one on the spot, cancelled a day later.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The previous government was very lax regarding immigration. The new minister promised more enforcement. Time will tell.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
The previous government was very lax regarding immigration. The new minister promised more enforcement. Time will tell.

He did not promise anything as you continue with your misinformation campaign. Stop! You were already proven wrong in another thread.

Reactions: GusFring

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
He did not promise anything as you continue with your misinformation campaign. Stop! You were already proven wrong in another thread.
Yes , he did say exactly that he was going to enforce immigration laws that the previous government ignored for 16 years.
It is a news article at the very top of the thread where he states exactly that. It is you who is wrong on this point.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thats interesting windy. Can you please direct me to a link affirming that?
Jesus-Vasquez-Listin-Diario-e1595596094690.jpeg

Jesús (Chú) Vásquez, the named Minister of Interior & Police in the upcoming Luis Abinader presidency, says the next government will apply the General Migration Law 285-04. He said the law was passed when he presided the Senate in 2004. “Nothing needs to be invented. Just apply the law,” he says. He says Juan Manuel Rosario, who consulted on the law back then, would work with him as Deputy Minister of Interior & Police, responsible for the migratory matters.

Vásquez says that the migration issues worsened because of the delays in the government passing the ruling to apply the law. He said during those limbo years, many more people migrated here. He says there also has not been the political will to confront the situation.

The named Interior & Police minister has been senator for María Trinidad Sánchez province from 1994 to 2010. He was the provincial governor from 1982 to 1985. He presided the Senate from 2003 to 2004. Before the division of the PRD-PRM, he was the vice president of the PRD. Once the PRM was formed, he was the party’s first new secretary-general. Carolina Mejia replaced him. He is a professional politician and farmer-entrepreneur.

Read more in Spanish:
El Caribe

Ley de Migración

Sobre el tema migratorio y los controles que hay que tener en ese sentido, Jesús Vásquez afirma que sobre este particular no hay que inventar nada, sino que lo que corresponde es cumplir con el mandato de la Ley General de Migración, promulgada en el año 2004 cuando para ese entonces presidía el Senado de la República. “Me correspondió a mí, siendo presidente del Senado, aprobar la Ley de Migración. Cuando nosotros entramos en conocimiento de esa Ley de manera profunda, nosotros contratamos al experto Juan Manuel Rosario y precisamente ahora él va a hacer viceministro de Interior y Policía, que va a manejar el tema migratorio. Nosotros no tenemos que inventar nada, es cumplir con el mandato de la Ley”, insiste. Apunta que el gran problema que ha habido en República Dominicana es la falta de cubrimiento con el orden jurídico institucional. Sostiene que el tema migratorio se agudizó en el país cuando no se hizo a tiempo el reglamento para la aplicación del mandato de la Ley y después de eso llegaron muchas personas ilegales. También, señala, que ha faltado voluntad política para enfrentar en conjunto la situación.

Status
Not open for further replies.