Tourist visa extension and return flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Yes , he did say exactly that he was going to enforce immigration laws that the previous government ignored for 16 years.
It is a news article at the very top of the thread where he states exactly that. It is you who is wrong on this point.

We have already dissected that piece 3000x already in the other thread. It was clearly directed at Haitians and Haitians only which you couldnt disprove. Give it a break already.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Yes , he did say exactly that he was going to enforce immigration laws that the previous government ignored for 16 years.
It is a news article at the very top of the thread where he states exactly that. It is you who is wrong on this point.
Again, your spin on the article which set this hamsterwheel in motion.

You spun "enforce immigration flaws" into abolishing the overstay fee.

A completely erroneous spin job by you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Again, your spin on the article which set this hamsterwheel in motion.

You spun "enforce immigration flaws" into abolishing the overstay fee.

A completely erroneous spin job by you.
Please tell me where the overstays fees are in the Dominican immigration law, and I will agree with you.

Oh? You cannot, can you? I know you cannot since it is not possible.
The overstay fees, prepaid or post paid or unpaid are not in any part of the Dominican immigration law.

So I disagree with you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dominican law clearly states that anyone who is in the DR on a tourist card and stays for more than 30 days is an illegal alien under the law.
Paying or not paying an exit fee does not make the stay legal.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Aruba is trying to promote longer stays.

The DR should try some promotions to bring people in this winter. How about 90 day free extensions and 1000 pesos for each 30 days thereafter up to 180 days. Then some remote workers might zoom in to work via Zoom.
Great idea. It would require amending DR immigration laws to do it legally.

The government focus is on AI tourists. The vast majority of tourists do not stay over 30 days.
So there is little initiative to make any changes such as you suggest.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Great idea. It would require amending DR immigration laws to do it legally.

The government focus is on AI tourists. The vast majority of tourists do not stay over 30 days.
So there is little initiative to make any changes such as you suggest.
Soo, the possibility the government gives you to extend your tourist stay to 120 day/4 months, as stated by immigration, is illegal according to you?

Authorize foreigners interested in extending their stay in the Dominican Republic for more than 30, through an extension of up to 120 days.

WHO IS IT AIMED AT

To all foreigners who wish to extend their stay in the Dominican Republic for more than the 30 days established for tourists.

Ref. https://migracion.gob.do/servicio/prorroga-de-estadia/

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Hoy digital reports this today. Hoy has chosen to emphasis that deportations will be aimed mostly at Haitians (whether that is the intent, or not).

In part (Google translation):

They will begin repatriation of illegal Haitians...

"The repatriation of illegal Haitians, who had been detained since March with the onset of the pandemic on the island, will be carried out again next week, according to the Director General of Migration, Enrique García.

"For his part, Monsignor Francisco Ozoria Acosta, Metropolitan Archbishop of Santo Domingo, urged citizens to accept migration as the natural mobility of human beings throughout the world, and asked that the benefits that these foreigners bring in places to be also considered. where they move.

"Enrique García promised that not only Haitians, but immigrants from other nations could be returned to their country..."

Reactions: GusFring

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Soo, the possibility the government gives you to extend your tourist stay to 120 day/4 months, as stated by immigration, is illegal according to you?

Authorize foreigners interested in extending their stay in the Dominican Republic for more than 30, through an extension of up to 120 days.

WHO IS IT AIMED AT

To all foreigners who wish to extend their stay in the Dominican Republic for more than the 30 days established for tourists.

Ref. https://migracion.gob.do/servicio/prorroga-de-estadia/
It is not an opinion that this is not legal. It is simply not based in any immigration laws.

There is no legal basis in Dominican immigration law for this payment of fees to be legal. Please read the Dominicain immigration law. It is very clear that anyone coming into the DR on a tourist card is illegal after 30 days. The payment of such a fee does not make it legal if you pay it before , after or in another dimension of space time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hoy digital reports this today. Hoy has chosen to emphasis that deportations will be aimed mostly at Haitians (whether that is the intent, or not).

In part (Google translation):

They will begin repatriation of illegal Haitians...

"The repatriation of illegal Haitians, who had been detained since March with the onset of the pandemic on the island, will be carried out again next week, according to the Director General of Migration, Enrique García.

"For his part, Monsignor Francisco Ozoria Acosta, Metropolitan Archbishop of Santo Domingo, urged citizens to accept migration as the natural mobility of human beings throughout the world, and asked that the benefits that these foreigners bring in places to be also considered. where they move.

"Enrique García promised that not only Haitians, but immigrants from other nations could be returned to their country..."

So, you said it is about Hatians, and Enrique Garcia promised it is not only Haitians. Did you notice that contradiction to what you stated in your second sentence?

Reactions: Caonabo

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
It is not an opinion that this is not legal. It is simply not based in any immigration laws.

There is no legal basis in Dominican immigration law for this payment of fees to be legal. Please read the Dominicain immigration law. It is very clear that anyone coming into the DR on a tourist card is illegal after 30 days. The payment of such a fee does not make it legal if you pay it before , after or in another dimension of space time.
DR1‘s immigration lawyer clearly stated that you are legal with this extension up to 120 days in another thread in this forum

Hello to all. My name is Cynthia Comprés, immigration attorney at Guzmán Ariza.

The National Immigration office has recently started offering the service of Extension of Stay (Prórroga de Estadía in Spanish) for tourist who wish to extend to 120 days their legal stay in the country

And the immigration authorities has put up an web page to do so online.

Why should I listen to you?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DR1‘s immigration lawyer clearly stated that you are legal with this extension up to 120 days in another thread in this forum

Hello to all. My name is Cynthia Comprés, immigration attorney at Guzmán Ariza.

The National Immigration office has recently started offering the service of Extension of Stay (Prórroga de Estadía in Spanish) for tourist who wish to extend to 120 days their legal stay in the country

And the immigration authorities has put up an web page to do so online.

Why should I listen to you?
You should not listen to me.

I invite Cynthia Comprés to show me exactly where in DR law (not a Migracion regulation not based in law) that allows for a payment to extend a stay legally for 120 days. She will be unable to do so.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
You should not listen to me.

I invite Cynthia Comprés to show me exactly where in DR law (not a Migracion regulation not based in law) that allows for a payment to extend a stay legally for 120 days. She will be unable to do so.

Please do so in the correct thread in Legal. Respond to the post where she wrote the following

»My post referred to the law, my conversation with Immigration and posts made by them»

I would not trust any document regarding this laws dated 2006, which you referred to. Especially not when it is transleted to english and not the original.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Has any member of the community actually applied for the newer extension since it was implemented?
I would imagine there may be some obstacles to overcome, especially during this continuing Plandemic time.
First hand experiences, not hearsay would be appreciated.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please do so in the correct thread in Legal. Respond to the post where she wrote the following

»My post referred to the law, my conversation with Immigration and posts made by them»

I would not trust any document regarding this laws dated 2006, which you referred to. Especially not when it is transleted to english and not the original.
Do you trust this directly from the mip.com.do? This is the DR's immigration law direct from the government Ministry of the Interior and Police:

I don't have to ask any lawyer, nor do you or anyone else about "extensions" and their legality. . There is NO text in this law that legally allows a tourist card to be extended to 120 days..

The law, by the way, dates from 2004 when the PRM wrote it and then the PLD ignored it for 16 years.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Do you trust this directly from the mip.com.do? This is the DR's immigration law direct from the government:

I don't have to ask any lawyer, nor do you or anyone else about "extensions" and their legality. . There is NO text in this law that legally allows a tourist card to be extended to 120 days..
Do not argue with me, argue with the immigration lawyers.
I am no lawyer and have no intention to be one. For all I know there might be additions/changes to the law.

I do not understand why you do not take your arguments to the correct Legal thread where the lawyers read and can comment/answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.