Tourist visa extension and return flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
So Haitians and Venezuelans need not visa to enter the DR and can pay an overstay fee when they leave?

There are certain countries to which the DR has granted a privilege. Those are countries that can enter the DR visa free, or those that can enter on a tourist card and pay an overstay fee for violating the law. Those are privileges granted to North Americans and EU citizens.

• Argentina/Argentine privilege
  • Chile/Chilean privilege
  • Ecuador/Ecuadorian privilege
  • Israel/Israeli privilege
  • Japan/Japanese privilege
  • Perú/Peruvian privilege
  • South Korea/South Korean privilege
  • Uruguay/Uruguayan privilege
Seems to be a varying mix.
These so called "privileges" have everything to do with diplomatic relations.
Nothing more. Nothing less.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
  • Argentina/Argentine privilege
  • Chile/Chilean privilege
  • Ecuador/Ecuadorian privilege
  • Israel/Israeli privilege
  • Japan/Japanese privilege
  • Perú/Peruvian privilege
  • South Korea/South Korean privilege
  • Uruguay/Uruguayan privilege
Seems to be a varying mix.
These so called "privileges" have everything to do with diplomatic relations.
Nothing more. Nothing less.

lol, you try telling that to a liberal.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not really, maybee you mentioned it once...
Talk is cheap, it is action that counts.

I have only noticed one change so far, the 120 days tourist visa. Hope that is according to the laws.:rolleyes:
It is not according to the laws

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
So Haitians and Venezuelans need not visa to enter the DR and can pay an overstay fee when they leave?

There are certain countries to which the DR has granted a privilege. Those are countries that can enter the DR visa free, or those that can enter on a tourist card and pay an overstay fee for violating the law. Those are privileges granted to North Americans and EU citizens.
Those privileges are also afforded to black countries and others that have zero to do with EU or NA, and goes completely against your narrative. Maybe it’s wealthier countries. Common sense tells us people from those places are less likely to stay illegally, taking jobs and hurting the economy... 🤦🏾‍♂️

Emotions and intellect do not mix, people!

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Those privileges are also afforded to black countries and others that have zero to do with EU or NA, and goes completely against your narrative. Maybe it’s wealthier countries. Common sense tells us people from those places are less likely to stay illegally, taking jobs and hurting the economy... 🤦🏾‍♂️

Emotions and intellect do not mix, people!
That is not my narrative. If you see what I post, it is regarding a few people on this forum who would rather "get away with something by overstaying because it is allowed, or they don't want to be legal, or it is too hard to be legal" than be legal. They like to share anecdotal evidence about how they and their friend are frequent overstayers and are always welcomed back with open arms.

That is the real point here. They frequently post that it is not about them, it could NEVER be about them, it is about the Haitians any time directives come down like the ones mentioned in this thread. Is it about them this time? Only more time will tell.

I will hence refer to their "better than though attitude" as "Snowbird privilege" if you like and yes those birds of a feather can be any "shade", since as you point out, all shades from off Hispaniola can share in this sense of privilege. Is that a Deal or what?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Dude, when you invoke white privilege, you lose all credibility. It's a joke. Treat it as such.
He loses all credibility with whom? It is a joke for whom?
Do you speak for every member of DR1 ❓
The one person you speak about confidently on the above issue is yourself.
It is not a joke. Not to me.
Privileges of all types exist.
And the DRGOV can grant them as they choose.
It is after all their country no matter how many time those from DR1 sound off.
That is reality‼️

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
That is not my narrative. If you see what I post, it is regarding a few people on this forum who would rather "get away with something by overstaying because it is allowed, or they don't want to be legal, or it is too hard to be legal" than be legal. They like to share anecdotal evidence about how they and their friend are frequent overstayers and are always welcomed back with open arms.

That is the real point here. They frequently post that it is not about them, it could NEVER be about them, it is about the Haitians any time directives come down like the ones mentioned in this thread. Is it about them this time? Only more time will tell.

I will hence refer to their "better than though attitude" as "Snowbird privilege" if you like and yes those birds of a feather can be any "shade", since as you point out, all shades from off Hispaniola can share in this sense of privilege. Is that a Deal or what?
Yes, that would be preferred. Calling black people and others white and having white privilege is quite offensive. Not to me, because I don’t care about words. But, I know a few people that wouldn’t have let you leave with all of your teeth or body parts if you made such a statement in their presence.

You’re so deep in your narrative that you’re not realizing that you’re the only one being offensive. Basically claiming that only white people are privileged. Money creates privilege, something those without a good amount will never understand. The average of white people to other ethnicities based on wealth being higher has to do with culture, habits, and decisions. Nothing to do with skin color.

Also a fact is a fact. The Haitians are a huge problem in the DR and MANY other countries in the region. And are always the top priority when it comes to deportation and immigration. Same exact problems in the Bahamas. I guess we’re racist and prejudice against Haitians because we’re the same skin color, black...😂😂😂

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, that would be preferred. Calling black people and others white and having white privilege is quite offensive. Not to me, because I don’t care about words. But, I know a few people that wouldn’t have let you leave with all of your teeth or body parts if you made such a statement in their presence.

You’re so deep in your narrative that you’re not realizing that you’re the only one being offensive. Basically claiming that only white people are privileged. Money creates privilege, something those without a good amount will never understand. The average of white people to other ethnicities based on wealth being higher has to do with culture, habits, and decisions. Nothing to do with skin color.

Also a fact is a fact. The Haitians are a huge problem in the DR and MANY other countries in the region. And are always the top priority when it comes to deportation and immigration. Same exact problems in the Bahamas. I guess we’re racist and prejudice against Haitians because we’re the same skin color, black...😂😂😂
Where did I call one color another? If I did, I never intend to do that. Perhaps you misunderstood completely my intent.

Yes, I follow what is going on in the news, check government web sites, and read the appropriate laws if that is what you mean by "deep".

Of course, the Haitian problem is the excuse that the DR government can still not walk and chew gum at the same time. By that I mean the government cannot deal with the Haitians and simultaneously have a snowbird 6 month pre-paid unambiguous visa where staying, driving, etc are all legal at the same time. Maybe some day they will figure that out. Don't hold your breath for it.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
You check yo self before you wreck yo self cause. Cause I'm putting facts in your eye and it's bad for your health ‼️
In what region would you place Mexico?

• Love
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
100 %, poll Dominicans, they agree
All right genius:geek:
Here is my poll question.
In the 🇩🇴 they cannot even keep the electricity going for 24/7/365.
Why do you think it would be worth using vital government resources to build a wall when school children cannot study in the dark ❓
Your serve🎾‼️

Status
Not open for further replies.