Tourists face same Covid restriction as locals

Laurent

Oct 17, 2021
Sosúa
I'm a tourist, not vaccinated and I won't do a PCR test. What's the fine if I get caught by the police in a bar without documents?

aarhus

Traveller
Jun 10, 2008
I'm a tourist, not vaccinated and I won't do a PCR test. What's the fine if I get caught by the police in a bar without documents?
Should be interesting. Keep us posted about your experience going forward.

CristoRey

Silver
Apr 1, 2014
Same as the mask mandate at all government offices, all banks, all supermarkets and Malls that lasted to this day ALMOST TWO YEARS. Keep praying.................................
How many more years do you think it will be until we can walk into a bank without a mask?
When I'm in FL I'm not required to wear a mask at the bank. What makes the Dominican Republic so different? What do these Dominican scientist know that the scientist up in FL don't know?
We have just as many diabetic sloths and over weight/ fat people, (hello comorbidities) in FL as they do down here.

It was announced by Mr Selfie himself that tourist activities such as land tourism transport, cruises, travel agency, tour operators, horse ranches, tourist walks, zip line, water or recreational theme parks and paintball, maritime transport and water sports, diving school and parasailing, ect....

“To enter the hotels and services offered within these and the hotel complexes to their guests, it will not be necessary to present the vaccination card against Covid-19, as well as the negative PCR test, established in Resolution No. .00048, dated October eight (8), 2021, issued by the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance,” says the resolution in point three.

So long as it doesn't have a negative impact on their bottom line of course it's about saving lives and keeping you safe.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
How many more years do you think it will be until we can walk into a bank without a mask?
When I'm in FL I'm not required to wear a mask at the bank. What makes the Dominican Republic so different? What do these Dominican scientist know that the scientist up in FL don't know?
We have just as many diabetic sloths and over weight/ fat people, (hello comorbidities) in FL as they do down here.

It was announced by Mr Selfie himself that tourist activities such as land tourism transport, cruises, travel agency, tour operators, horse ranches, tourist walks, zip line, water or recreational theme parks and paintball, maritime transport and water sports, diving school and parasailing, ect....

“To enter the hotels and services offered within these and the hotel complexes to their guests, it will not be necessary to present the vaccination card against Covid-19, as well as the negative PCR test, established in Resolution No. .00048, dated October eight (8), 2021, issued by the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance,” says the resolution in point three.

So long as it doesn't have a negative impact on their bottom line of course it's about saving lives and keeping you safe.
The planes go both ways here. They also go non-stop to Florida.........................

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Walking in to one of those resorts is like going in to solitary confinement - a bubble
Limited to no contact w/ the outside world -save the staff.....

Very different than a bank, gov't bldg

Not hard to see the difference

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

It's a different country. They all tend to have different responses, differing levels of compliance with those regulations and hence different regulations.

AI tourists are exempt unless they leave the AI umbrella.
Since AI tourists are exempt within the confines and group activities, there isn't much of an impact on the vast majority of tourists (starting today).

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Yes, sometimes the rules make no sense; like have a vaccine mandate if your company is over 100 employees but not if it is 99 or less. As if the virus cares to count. I expect in banks...etc. the rules will be followed by the majority of people without complaint but there will always be those that think rules don't apply to them and just don't like doing as they are told.

CristoRey

Silver
Apr 1, 2014
Since AI tourists are exempt within the confines and group activities, there isn't much of an impact on the vast majority of tourists (starting today).
I've no doubt the folks traveling down on those packed planes to POP and STI would agree withyou.

CristoRey

Silver
Apr 1, 2014
Yes, sometimes the rules make no sense; like have a vaccine mandate if your company is over 100 employees but not if it is 99 or less. As if the virus cares to count. I expect in banks...etc. the rules will be followed by the majority of people without complaint but there will always be those that think rules don't apply to them and just don't like doing as they are told.
The "rules" always apply to everyone and Dominicans are notorios for always doing as their told, I agree.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They don't require a vaccine card either.
Depends where you want to go.

Canada opened to vaccinated Americans in August, and numerous European countries changed their entry requirements in September. Here’s the complete list.

CristoRey

Silver
Apr 1, 2014
Depends where you want to go.

Canada opened to vaccinated Americans in August, and numerous European countries changed their entry requirements in September. Here’s the complete list.

Interesting.
So basically so long as I'm carrying a laminated piece of paper I can get into any of these countries. Who does verification/ authentication process?
Lets say I got my first shot in FL last year and my second shot down in Santa Marta, Colombia while on a recent "vacation". Is there some sort of international data base tracking this stuff?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I've no doubt the folks traveling down on those packed planes to POP and STI would agree withyou.
Their numbers are miniscule on those packed flights compared to the AI tourists. The government plans things around AI tourism ( and Cruise ships which are second in the revenue stream) Snow birds, expats, whoremongers? Not so much. Note that I said the VAST MAJORITY OF TOURISTS won't be adversely affected.

Question on the small number of tourists. Since space on those few flights to POP, which are super packed, are at a premium,
will requiring those non AI tourists to be vaccinated to go to public places "unpack" those flights or will
others just take the non-vaccinated's places on them and keep them packed?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting.
So basically so long as I'm carrying a laminated piece of paper I can get into any of these countries. Who does verification/ authentication process?
Lets say I got my first shot in FL last year and my second shot down in Santa Marta, Colombia while on a recent "vacation". Is there some sort of international data base tracking this stuff?
Nope, you takes your chances on those trips. They aren't making the rules for outliers such as the example you provided.

CristoRey

Silver
Apr 1, 2014
Nope, you takes your chances on those trips. They aren't making the rules for outliers such as the example you provided.
So no international data base to track whether or not the presented vax card is real or counterfit? Wow! You mean to tell me I could spend 9 hours (give or take) on a flight to Europe next to some physcopath who decided to fabricate his own card and not even know it?
Goodness me.

Reactions: thompstr

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So no international data base to track whether or not the presented vax card is real or counterfit? Wow! You mean to tell me I could spend 9 hours (give or take) on a flight to Europe next to some physcopath who decided to fabricate his own card and not even know it?
Goodness me.
Since none of the various and sundry vaccination kill the virus, it really doesn't matter who you sit next to on the plane. Even the fully vaccinated can infect you. That is how it really works.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Goodness me.
and a possible pickpocket too !!

Heaven forbid!!

Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

Traveller
Jun 10, 2008
Interesting.
There probably will be soon

• Love
Reactions: CristoRey