Tourists face same Covid restriction as locals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Good that you are living a happy life. But there are some of us that are not interested in leading a "restricted life",or ending up on a ventilator.......................
1635469209100.png

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Don't have cedula, driver's license, and passport is not renewable until 2027. Next problem?
Some of our fellow members are praying the government makes this a permanent way of life. They do not want us going back to the laid back Caribbean lifestyle that initially brought most of us down here.

Although public transportation is not asking for proof of the card, I have noticed a very somber attitude among the passengers lately. Prices are continuing to rise while this government is contuing thier crack down on Dominican culture.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From today's DR1 News:

The Ministry of Public Health Coronavirus Bulletin #589 reports 879 new cases, down from 1,102 on the previous day. The Ministry of Public Health’s Epidemiology Department Coronavirus Bulletin #589 reports active Covid-cases are 6,222, up (+97) from the previous day. The number of active cases is considerably less than the peak of 55,773 active cases registered in July 2020 and the 1,784 cases in June 2021, the second and third waves of cases, and is evidence the vaccines are working.

The Ministry of Public Health says the country is experiencing a fourth wave of the virus, but is hopeful that since 61% of the population has at least two doses of vaccine, and 74% has at least one dose, the outbreak will continue to be manageable.

The most cases are in Greater Santo Domingo (the National District and Santo Domingo province) followed by Santiago, the country’s second largest city.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Somebody needs to tell Fatma Xtra in Zona Colonial to stop playing with people's lives and actually start asking for the Vax card as required by the government.

I just went in there to test the waters.. and so I decided to buy toothpaste.. there was a mask sign at the door, so I put my mask on... but I was completely shocked and watched in horror as the pharmacist lady greeted me with a "Saludo" WITHOUT even asking me for the card. So they just let people in without asking for the vax card?? How unsanitary.
How dare can a health establishment like a pharmacy play Russian roulette with people's lives like that?? How can they, as health experts, allow COVID to spread amongst clients?

That pharmacist lady who greeted me didn't even had HER mask on, neither did half of the other employees. So why would they display a mask sign at their door, yet NOT wear masks themselves? Makes no sense. They are helping spread covid, I bet hundreds innocent clients have died already because of them!

And instead of policing every client at the door for the Vax card and actually follow the government's rules like robots... no, these pharmacist ladies were just chit-chatting amongst themselves and smiling to clients like normal human beings. How dare they act like normal human beings?

This is despicable. They are risking people's lives. Now I fear I have caught COVID because I know they let clients in without asking them for the card. I fear I will end up on ventilator by next week. I'm only 31, I'm too young to die, but I probably will anyway because of this pharmacy and their non-compliance to the Vax card mandate. Somebody call the Gestapo inspectors on them!

PS: I threw away my toothpaste when I got home and washed my hands with soap... As I feared some COVID positive freak handled it when it was on the shelves. Please pray for me.
If you are not just being sarcastic you need more than prayers

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
True until you need to renew your Cedula, Driver License, Passport, etc....................
I agree. These places it will be established practice. Maybe banks and supermarkets too. Soon we will get into the boosters every 6 months. Fundamentally I think it should be voluntary but if you don’t want to vaccinate you just will not be able to enter some of the places where there is a lot of people. I just think that’s the way it’s going. It’s public health policy.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Some of our fellow members are praying the government makes this a permanent way of life. They do not want us going back to the laid back Caribbean lifestyle that initially brought most of us down here.

Although public transportation is not asking for proof of the card, I have noticed a very somber attitude among the passengers lately. Prices are continuing to rise while this government is contuing thier crack down on Dominican culture.

Funny how they as foreigners aren't native Dominicans, yet they want to impose their pro-control and pro-dictactorship wishes on the majority of native Dominicans who DO NOT want these mandates.

Foreigners trying to change a country and a culture that isn't theirs.

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
Funny how they as foreigners aren't native Dominicans, yet they want to impose their pro-control and pro-dictactorship wishes on the majority of native Dominicans who DO NOT want these mandates.

Foreigners trying to change a country and a culture that isn't theirs.
Do you even know any Dominicans? Almost all I know are fully vaccinated, many have had a booster, and virtually none of it is for travel, but for health and safety.

Also many of my Haitian friends living in the DR.

They're not stupid ;)

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Do you even know any Dominicans? Almost all I know are fully vaccinated, many have had a booster, and virtually none of it is for travel, but for health and safety.

They're not stupid ;)
That’s true. I think a vast majority of Dominicans are following the recommendation.

Reactions: OldSkool

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada

They're not stupid ;)

Fully vaccinated doesn't mean they agree with the MANDATES.

Diaro Libre did a public survey this month and found that 69% of the people disagree with the Vax card, only 31% agree.

How about you post actual facts instead of projecting your wishes on the majority of Dominicans.

• Sad
Reactions: OldSkool

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
Fully vaccinated doesn't mean they agree with the MANDATES.

Diaro Libre did a public survey this month and found that 69% of the people disagree with the Vax card, only 31% agree.

How about you post actual facts instead of projecting your wishes on the majority of Dominicans.
How about you quit trying to put word in my mouth and stop trying to twist my words. If you want to believe some poll of a whole "1572 people" who "responded to a survey published in Diario Libre" and think that speaks for all Dominican's that's on you.

I stand by my post... Ahora vete, los adultos están hablando. ;)

Jan 9, 2004
Having spent the past week in the DR, my personal experience is that tourists do not face the same covid restrictions that are seemingly being sporadically imposed on citizens/residents

From my arrival, not once was entrance denied to any business or government office. Note that no part of my journey included typical tourist destinations. From the port at Caucedo to restaurants in SD and Santiago, as well as a visit to a EdeNorte office.

It would seem that the mandatory vaccine card has more to do with public relations perceptions for tourism and/or a way to force vaccine compliance. Few that I spoke with really believe that it is actually about the health and welfare of the citizens/residents as much as a way to stop the curfews/state of emergency.... which was crippling the economy...................

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Having spent the past week in the DR, my personal experience is that tourists do not face the same covid restrictions that are seemingly being sporadically imposed on citizens/residents

From my arrival, not once was entrance denied to any business or government office. Note that no part of my journey included typical tourist destinations. From the port at Caucedo to restaurants in SD and Santiago, as well as a visit to a EdeNorte office.

It would seem that the mandatory vaccine card has more to do with public relations perceptions for tourism and/or a way to force vaccine compliance. Few that I spoke with really believe that it is actually about the health and welfare of the citizens/residents as much as a way to stop the curfews/state of emergency.... which was crippling the economy...................

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

It's not being enforced uniformly where I can see, although I admit my sample size is miniscule. I have been to a business 3 times so far, the first time I was denied without the vax card, the second time I was not asked and walked right in (security was there), and the last time I was asked if I had a vax card and when I said no lo tengo, I was let in.

I still plan as if it's going to be enforced, but with gyms and colmados ignoring it altogether from what I can tell, it's really not a big whoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.