Tourists face same Covid restriction as locals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Absolute confunsion.
No confusion here...................

In this sense, through resolution DJ-0032/21, it establishes that "the presentation of vaccination cards to passengers arriving in the Dominican Republic will not be required," in accordance with the protocols approved by the Civil Aviation Board. . “To enter the hotels and services offered within these and the hotel complexes to their guests, it will not be necessary to present the vaccination card against Covid-19, as well as the negative PCR test, established in Resolution No. .00048, dated October eight (8), 2021, issued by the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance ”, says the resolution in point three.

Jan 9, 2004
Anyone know if this is true ? How would a tourist get a Vaccine card ? I truly hoope they are making arrangements to have this issued at the airport? Is this a cash grab? Tourist card fee , now possibly a Vaccine card fee? Looking for facts not opinions please.

And no the post below is not "facts", just their reported news.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/covid-19/2021/10/15/tourists-face-same-covid-restriction-as-locals/
Just spoke with Aduana this morning as I will fly in the 23rd and be in the port at Caucedo on the 25th to clear and transfer some cars.

From them this morning................NO I do not need to show a vaccine card, and NO I do not need a PCR test.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: jd426

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just spoke with Aduana this morning as I will fly in the 23rd and be in the port at Caucedo on the 25th to clear and transfer some cars.

From them this morning................NO I do not need to show a vaccine card, and NO I do not need a PCR test.

Respectfully,
Pl

Already established on post 3. Not necessary at airport and would be the same for Aduanas.................

Reactions: cavok

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
No confusion here...................

In this sense, through resolution DJ-0032/21, it establishes that "the presentation of vaccination cards to passengers arriving in the Dominican Republic will not be required," in accordance with the protocols approved by the Civil Aviation Board. . “To enter the hotels and services offered within these and the hotel complexes to their guests, it will not be necessary to present the vaccination card against Covid-19, as well as the negative PCR test, established in Resolution No. .00048, dated October eight (8), 2021, issued by the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance ”, says the resolution in point three.

Thank you . But i do not stay in a hotel or resort or anything of the sort. i was referring to a person who rents their accomadations and thus required to go to the grocery store and etc. So points 1-2-3 are irrelevant to my upcoming situation.

Jan 9, 2004
Post #3 has been expanded as of this morning.

Post#3 covered tourists arriving and tourist activities booked from the hotels or ancillary to the hotels and was issued by the Ministry of Tourism.

Today's announcement, by the Ministry of Public Health, expands on that to include government offices public, transport etc.

The new ruling, always subject to change, covers tourists in any building or place...........government or public;

From the Ministry of Public Health:

The government announced tourists will not need to present vaccination cards to enter businesses nor take public transit.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Let me rephrase the post , how as a tourist who is staying in private accomodations acquire teh vaccine card so I can shop and etc

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Let me rephrase the post , how as a tourist who is staying in private accomodations acquire teh vaccine card so I can shop and etc
Easy, Use your passport to get a vaccine shot. Then you get a card that is good to use now with only the one shot in October.

Reactions: aarhus

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

FBtGb8xXMAMlL8s

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Can you imagine if they tried to institute something like this in the US where it doesn't apply to tourists? There would be hell to pay.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Still NO definitive answer, shall wait till monday , see what the actual roll out is and call the consulate and see what the 3rd response is.
As i'm seeking entrance to essential places ( i.e Jumbo, bank etc ) not "none essential" . Other than restaurants , glad to see tours fall under hotel rules at least.

Reactions: jd426 and aarhus
Status
Not open for further replies.