Traffic accidents killed more people in 2019, than Covid-19 so far this year

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Chirimoya posted her response to NanSanPedro's question 2 hours and 37 minutes later.
She did a good job in responsding.
Is it necessary to be so vitriolic with him?
I believe it was an honest question seeking an answer. I also believe you should incorporate more fruit into your diet.

I'm pleased we agree about Chirimoya's response. Thank you for the example of what you mean by vitriolic, in the form of nutritional advice.

Reactions: Caonabo

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Chrimoya summed it up well. Is there some part of it that still isn't clear?:

Hubieres is one of the more notorious transport "union" leaders. They are known as los dueños del país - the owners of the country. So many people work as drivers of conchos, buses, cargo vehicles, etc. that they can bring the country to a halt if mobilised by their leaders.

No. She responded after I posted the question. I understand now. Thanks!

Reactions: Caonabo and arturo

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
So there it is , Your chances of being RUN OVER LIKE A DOG on the AUTOPISTA,, are Higher than CATCHING CoVid and then DYING from it ..
Wake up already you Covid Freeks locked in your Condos like a self made Prisoners .

I have no trouble believing that traffic is way more dangerous in the DR than the COVID, however, you don't generally spend the majority of the time in traffic or on a autopista, whereas you tend to do so in your home/elsewhere. Indeed, the fatality rate in the DR for COVID has been extremely low, and due to the fact that we live here, I'm very happy about this fact. That does not however remove the other fact, which is that you can get the virus, have the disease, recover perfectly, BUT, there might be long-term effects in your body. So worst case scenario, it's not like if you recovered, it's like nothing happened, unfortunately...

We have young kids in the family, so to be honest, I don't care one bit what everyone thinks, we're perfectly fine wearing proper masks and using Manita Limpia until things get better. None of us are locked into our home aside from the kids studying at home, but we also try not to go out excessively... We know, unfortunately, people, who have suffered due to COVID, and would rather carry out even silly measures to avoid it...

Reactions: drstock

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Traffic accidents is not the only cause of death that out numbers the Wuhan Virus and yet the powers to be (I mean IMF or World Bank not Danilo or Abinader) saw to it that like much of the world shutting down the economy (except for mostly the larger companies) was the way to go.
I have said and believe more than ever that this was about controlling the populations and not about the virus.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I would rather catch covid ....(twice) than be hit by a rum fueled moto guy speeding along at 50 mph with two fat people riding on the back. The chances of coming out unscathed are 1000 times higher with the covid bug