Traffic Death Rates In Dominican Republic Among Highest In The World

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Math nor science nor logic are not your fren.
They are my friends, and I also tire of everything turning to the catholic church, gays and dead babies.

I think I'll start hijacking your threads with cheesecake, 'burgers and chicken wings...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
They are my friends, and I also tire of everything turning to the catholic church, gays and dead babies.

I think I'll start hijacking your threads with cheesecake, 'burgers and chicken wings...

I'll supply the videos!!!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

My fren, that was directed to CC! Also, no one is talking about the topics you mentioned in this thread.

BTW, did you read my post regarding the WHo's analysis?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Careful chip, kissing A$$ can get some "Brown Stuff" on your nose!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

So says the AZZpert. I have driven in several countries were I would say were more dangerous than the DR- Egypt and Cyprus but it's a close call.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
BUTT, This is "DR1", Not "Egypt1".
So who cares????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I am somewhat selective of the "A$$es" I kiss.
"Somewhat"!
Did you hear about the "Urban Cowboy" with "$hit" on his mustache???
"Look'n For Love In All The Wrong Places"

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
BUTT, This is "DR1", Not "Egypt1".
So who cares????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I am somewhat selective of the "A$$es" I kiss.
"Somewhat"!
Did you hear about the "Urban Cowboy" with "$hit" on his mustache???
"Look'n For Love In All The Wrong Places"

The report says the most dangerous place in the world to drive, meaning they are comparing it to other places. I have driven in other dangerous countries. I find that Dominicans are terrible drivers but they don't really drive fast.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I've also been to countries where the driving seemed worse (Peru, Kenya, Egypt).

However, statistics are solid while impressions are subjective.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The report says the most dangerous place in the world to drive, meaning they are comparing it to other places. I have driven in other dangerous countries. I find that Dominicans are terrible drivers but they don't really drive fast.
It doesn't matter whether it's THE most dangerous, nor do the metrics really matter. If the DR is in the bottom quintile, it doesn't effect the unnecessary body count or carnage.

Driving in the DR can be very, very dangerous, far more dangerous than the average law-abiding, Drivers Ed graduate gringo on vacation can handle.

That's the point.

Some can handle it. Most can't.

American Gallego

Feb 21, 2013
All i know is that driving in DR is the most frustrating part in visiting the country. By all means driving in NY is no picnic, but dam Dominicans have absolutely no respect, I mean why bother cutting a person of only to be stuck at the red light.

I can definitely agree on DR being the most dangerous place to drive on earth.

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
I am so not surprised it is the most dangerous for driving. The things that drivers do in the Dominican Republic is so crazy. You can barely walk across the street without worrying about someone choosing to hit you without hitting the brakes. People get behind the wheel and drive like they are invincible. Many of the streets are in terrible condition and many cars have brakes and failing parts and many people drink while driving. If you crash, you could get days in jail while they investigate from what I heard for no reason so people flee from the accident scene.

I will admit it is kind of exciting to be on the roads, you just never know what part of craziness you will see. It is priceles sometimes to see the craziness on the roads and you cant see it anywhere else. The DR has a lot of crazy and wild people who are unorthodox and chaotic and when you put them on the roads behind the wheel of a vehicle OMG look out.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I love driving here because I drive like them... Imagine when I was in Montreal and I was driving that same way... lol...

God I had fun.

Domphil

Dec 16, 2011
I have never Been in a place where so many normally pleasant people turn into angry maniacs as soon as they get behind the wheel.

It seems it is a badge of honor to get ahead of the car in front you even if you have to endanger your and everyone elses life
The lack of respect while driving is the main problem I have with the D R.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I drove in Boston for 25 years, Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, driving here is easy, and a lot more fun.
When I had an accident in Boston, I had to stop and exchange papers, sometimes wait for the police to come and investigate.
Here, I just "Fled-The-Scene!
Add the fact that DR drivers are stupid & ignorant of the transit laws, and have a "Macho Man/Woman mind set, and "Personal Responability" for ANY act is non-existant, and "There You Have It"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and "DRUNK" as has been noted.
"Semana Santa", my "Great Gringo Hope"!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I used to ride the "Bumper Cars" at Coney Island NYC for hours at a time.
My BUTT got sweaty, and stuck to the seats.
Thanks "CB", NOW I know why I love driving here so much!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Boston, Boston, Boston

Confirming CC's comments.

When PJT first arrived in the DR and was out exploring the big cities and the campos the locals always asked how come PJT managed to drive in the chaos of the traffic anarchy within the country and survive. His answer was he received his training and driving experience in BOSTON. If one can handle Boston he can handle most anywhere.

Regards,

PJT

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Confirming CC's comments.

When PJT first arrived in the DR and was out exploring the big cities and the campos the locals always asked how come PJT managed to drive in the chaos of the traffic anarchy within the country and survive. His answer was he received his training and driving experience in BOSTON. If one can handle Boston he can handle most anywhere.

Regards,

PJT

Ditto Manhattan