Traffic rules for Semana Santa

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I was in the gym in Cabarete from about 2:30pm to 4:00pm and then went to Janet's. Everything looked pretty much open this afternoon in Cabarete to me.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
FtCPhx8WAAA-Fvr

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
No mention of alcohol which is/ has been and will always be the biggest problem on these roads during the Semana Santa holiday.
SMH.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

chico bill

On Vacation
May 6, 2016
Had to do a run to Cabarete yesterday. Just for the heck of it I counted how many moto drivers were wearing helmets. I stopped counting just in front of Janets and I will say, the closer I got to Cabarete the more helmets I saw. But the results were 97 without helmets and 42 wearing them. Interesting.
And yet you were driving and taking notes ?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Had to do a run to Cabarete yesterday. Just for the heck of it I counted how many moto drivers were wearing helmets. I stopped counting just in front of Janets and I will say, the closer I got to Cabarete the more helmets I saw. But the results were 97 without helmets and 42 wearing them. Interesting.
And if you noticed, there were a lot of AMET officers at many points through Cabarete trying to keep the traffic moving. I don't know how, but these moto drivers seem to know on which days the AMET police are going to stop you if you don't have a helmet on.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
Not hand written notes. Mental notes. Good brain work.
You were able to keep TWO different Number Tallies in your HEAD , while Driving ??
With no paper , just in your head
I can see ONE tally , but not 2 constantly changing numbers .
Have you thought about Taking a Trip to Las Vegas to clean them out at Blackjack ..
U may have a skill which very few people have .

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
And if you noticed, there were a lot of AMET officers at many points through Cabarete trying to keep the traffic moving. I don't know how, but these moto drivers seem to know on which days the AMET police are going to stop you if you don't have a helmet on.
I have seen moto drivers warn other moto drivers traveling in the opposite direction about upcoming police. What kills me is the fact that they put the helmet on to go past and then stop and put it back on their elbows once they are out of sight of the police.

Aug 21, 2007
You were able to keep TWO different Number Tallies in your HEAD , while Driving ??
Have you thought about Taking a Trip to Las Vegas to clean them out at Blackjack ..

Thanks. But Las Vegas is not one of my favorite places. I play online Sudoku daily and am on the most difficult level. Doing that I must always work with several number patterns at once and remember them. With the motos, I had to think quickly and change numbers quickly and remember those numbers as they changed, just as you said. As I approached Cabarete, I was a bit exhausted, so that is why I stopped counting in front of Janets.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Huh? That's so easy, like a baseball or football score. When it get to 4 variables is when it gets tough.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Thanks. But Las Vegas is not one of my favorite places. I play online Sudoku daily and am on the most difficult level. Doing that I must always work with several number patterns at once and remember them. With the motos, I had to think quickly and change numbers quickly and remember those numbers as they changed, just as you said. As I approached Cabarete, I was a bit exhausted, so that is why I stopped counting in front of Janets.
You're exhausted! Air traffic controllers are known to be trained to be able to memorize up to15-20 flights they are monitoring at one time, for aircraft identification, direction, separation, and altitude. This is required for them deal with the very rare case their equipment may fail so they can maintain order in the sky, no mistakes. It is why burnout of ATC's is often and their careers short. A Dominicana friend, an ATC, mentioned the stress she was under at work. The strict rules and environment she tasked in were the same everyday, to include Semana Santa. Exhausting!

It is exhausting for level-headed drivers in the DR to be able to cope and handle the stress of operating on the mad roads of the DR when there are too few Digesett traffic controllers willing to do the work to maintain order.

Drive carefully today if you are out and about. You are your own traffic controller.

Regards,

PJT

chico bill

On Vacation
May 6, 2016
Ever notice when AMET directs traffic at intersections instead of just leaving the lights control traffic it becomes worse.
The best thing they could do is let the lights control the traffic and fine every light jumper who just refuses to wait for a red light

Reactions: PJT