Tragedy in Santiago; policeman accused of accidentally killing a child

ricpaq

May 21, 2015
I do not agree with this school of thought. This is exactly the reason prisons are full. Seeking revenge for an accident on an individual attempting to do a job. I understand emotions. However most educated people do not respond in this way.
Education is not at issue here as I pointed out. This hits at my heart of father versus son bond. His child was buried before him. That cop can call it an accident or whatever he wants. Maybe there is no school of thought when it comes to burying your child. This bond for me is so strong that it doesn't matter what happens to me anymore. When it's least expected, I'm coming.

Reactions: Kipling333

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Education is not at issue here as I pointed out. This hits at my heart of father versus son bond. His child was buried before him. That cop can call it an accident or whatever he wants. Maybe there is no school of thought when it comes to burying your child. This bond for me is so strong that it doesn't matter what happens to me anymore. When it's least expected, I'm coming.
I am sure you are proud of the fact that you would inflict violence on someone. It solves or proves nothing! As unfortunate as this event was, we do not know what was going on in the young unskilled PD's mind. Maybe he is contemplating suicide now or will drink himself to death. Maybe it will not settle into his mind for 2 or 5 years and then he will find religion. I feel confident he is not as proud of what happened as you are of exacting unbridled revenge.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Many Dominicans in their 30s,40s,50s grew up having the freedom to literally do whatever they
felt like doing regardless of the place or time of day. For better or worse many people do not seem
to understand why they are no longer allowed to behave however they want. This has been several years
in the making and the reality is starting to set in.

Reactions: JD Jones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That cop can call it an accident or whatever he wants.
This was no accident. Skip to the @ 1:07 minute mark of the video and you will see the thug in all black
with his pistol attacking people who appear to be minding their business while enjoying the parade.

• Sad
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I am sure you are proud of the fact that you would inflict violence on someone. It solves or proves nothing! As unfortunate as this event was, we do not know what was going on in the young unskilled PD's mind. Maybe he is contemplating suicide now or will drink himself to death. Maybe it will not settle into his mind for 2 or 5 years and then he will find religion. I feel confident he is not as proud of what happened as you are of exacting unbridled revenge.
He has already tried to commit suicide in jail.

ricpaq

May 21, 2015
I don't believe it's pride I'm feeling. Maybe sadness, compassion, anger, and maybe too much emotional reaction is what is taking place in my mind. But our compassion should be with the dead boy and his family and not on this cop. You are misplacing your compassion. This cop will be fine due to lack of real justice.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
This was no accident. Skip to the @ 1:07 minute mark of the video and you will see the thug in all black
with his pistol attacking people who appear to be minding their business while enjoying the parade.

As I indicated, I see a drunken scrum and an unruly crowd. Outnumbered by a mob the police are bound to use more force. This crowd was not walking to work, school or church. They were out to overindulge and raise hell. All of this fueled the unfortunate accident.

• Wow
Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

Big

Apr 24, 2019
He has already tried to commit suicide in jail.

I did not know the young officer was arrested.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
As I indicated, I see a drunken scrum and an unruly crowd. Outnumbered by a mob the police are bound to use more force. This crowd was not walking to work, school or church. They were out to overindulge and raise hell. All of this fueled the unfortunate accident.
Did you watch video?
Drunken scum and unruly crowd?
I'm beginning to wonder whether or
not you've ever spent anytime in this
country outside of the whore houses?

Those people were all minding their own business and they got rushed by some thug who opened up on a couple kids watching a parade. Had it not been for this heroic father's quick response this criminal might have shot/ killed more innocent childten so let's place the blame where it belongs.

The average Dominican citizen enjoying an afternoon parade with their young families should not be looked down upon or referred to as drunken scum and unruly crowds by people like yourself who (claim or pretend?) have a higher standard of living.

I seriously doubt you'd wanna share your opinion face to face with that child's father now would ya?

I've always agreed with most of the comments you post on this forum but you were dead wrong about this one... in my opinion.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Did you watch video?
Drunken scum and unruly crowd?
I'm beginning to wonder whether or
not you've ever spent anytime in this
country outside of the whore houses?

Those people were all minding their own business and they got rushed by some thug who opened up on a couple kids watching a parade. Had it not been for this heroic father's quick response this criminal might have shot/ killed more innocent childten so let's place the blame where it belongs.

The average Dominican citizen enjoying an afternoon parade with their young families should not be looked down upon or referred to as drunken scum and unruly crowds by people like yourself who (claim or pretend?) have a higher standard of living.

I seriously doubt you'd wanna share your opinion face to face with that child's father now would ya?

I've always agreed with most of the comments you post on this forum but you were dead wrong about this one... in my opinion.
I called no one scum, and yes, I am more than certain we travel in different circles from your writings. I did not analyze the frames; however, I did see the usual "scrum" (think rugby) following the PD around, instigating and antagonizing the P.D. This is not how law-abiding citizens concerned about their community behave. They are action seeking participants. I believe you have expressed anti PD opinions here on many occasions. Other than that, I agree with most of your posts as well. I also did not see anyone watching a parade. I saw people hanging out, milling about or better known as loitering.

Reactions: JD Jones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
When I watch the video, I can clearly see the father of the boy jumping on the policeman and knocking him to the ground. If that's when the gun discharged, one can easily assume the father is responsible, not the policeman.

In this frame you will see the PN approaches pointing his gun directly at a young boy and his mother who are trying to run away as other spectators began to take cover. Regardless of his intentions, I think we can all agree there were way too many innocent people in this crowd for him to draw his weapon like he did. Notice the father is no where near the perp in this frame. He comes out from the bottom of about a second later and tackles him.
1676656729059.png

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I regret Cristo Rey that no matter what this and other videos show,no matter what the witnesses say, there are those who wish to blame the father and reduce the culpability of the policeman who fired three or four shots indiscriminately. When the police van was leaving the scene there is even a policeman waving his pistol around as he runs along side the van. You may also note the large number of empty beer bottles in the back of the van. As ricpaq has said it is highly unlikely that there will be any justice done. It is unbelievably sad .

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
In the UK, police at an event such as a carnival parade wouldn't carry guns at all. Maybe the DR should try that!
They used to be municipal police back in the the days, they used to carry a Macana only.
Par de garrotasos and that was it!

JJ

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
This ain't the U.K. Why not give them feathers and fur lined hand cuffs.
Here is a photo of the police controlling things at London's Notting Hill carnival - notorious for unruly crowds and LOUD MUSIC. Not a gun (or feathers or furs) in site. If the Dominican police were properly trained they could do similar.
37B0615400000578-3763270-image-a-29_1472495811773.jpg

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
FWIW, there are tons of unarmed police in the police force here.