Travel after curfew

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's info on the curfew. Only 20 days this time (hopefully). Most are under curfew Monday-Friday 7 pm to 5 am and Saturday-Sunday 5 pm to 5 am.
Hi,

can someone please tell me how to apply for a single-day permission to be on the highway enroute to our village after a late arrival at SDQ during this time of curfew?

Look at Page 2 above - Article 8
Arriving or departing International passengers are exempt

Feb 15, 2006
www.villasmarlena.com
That is an excellent question. Maybe someone knows?

Or will late night arrival fights be cancelled because of the curfew?
Hundreds of people will likely need the same type of permission to move about for such late arriving flights.
Sounds like one of those unthought of problems where a curfew and keeping tourism open have possible unintended consequences.
In the past, proof of your airline arrival was sufficient as well as proof of where you are going

Reactions: Caonabo

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Look at Page 2 above - Article 8
Arriving or departing International passengers are exempt

Thanks for pointing this out, it is post #20 on the first page of this thread and, as William says, article 4:8 on the second page. I guess it might help taxi drivers and passengers to be able to quote that if questioned or stopped.

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
Hi,

can someone please tell me how to apply for a single-day permission to be on the highway enroute to our village after a late arrival at SDQ during this time of curfew?
International passengers and operators of private or commercial vehicles that are transferring them, as well as duly identified employees of the maritime and air transport sector, in transit or from ports and airports.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Travel after curfew certainly will be challenge. What about waiting until the morning. Stay somewhere close to airport. But apart from that we can travel during the day right. For instance SD to Samana?
Or they can take a taxi home according to the exemptions for travel during the curfew.
Be sure to have your flight arrival or departure information and the address to which you are going if arriving.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
An ex pat own a hotel and restaurant. Yesterday the police arrested 7 patrons for not wearing masks. Its getting ugly

I heard the 7 were arrested for having been in the RD longer than 30 days on a tourist card.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Arriving passengers need to carry their ticket and arrival doc.
Departing travellers should carry their printed itinerary with them.
Agreed transports with permits may circulate.

You guys just love to complicate things....