Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They may be similar, but from what I've read, a PCR test is not done by taking a blood sample - only nasal swabs and saliva samples.

Before my surgery last month, I needed a Covid test at the hospital (Cooper University Hospital in Camden, NJ). They stuck two swabs down my throat and rubbed vigorously. I’m the only person I know who was tested that way. Was that what you’re calling a saliva sample test?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Before my surgery last month, I needed a Covid test at the hospital (Cooper University Hospital in Camden, NJ). They stuck two swabs down my throat and rubbed vigorously. I’m the only person I know who was tested that way. Was that what you’re calling a saliva sample test?
No, that's the swab test you had. I've read that PCR tests can be done with a saliva sample. It's a new way of testing that I heard is being used in some parts of the world.

nortenomore

Jul 26, 2019
This makes no sense. The article says they are testing for antibodies. So a person who has gone through the virus and is now virus free, would have antibodies (hello, immunity) so it would gets positive in this test. What are they going to do with those cases?

It's not supposed to make sense.

It's a power grab using the common cold virus as flimsy cover to strip away the last vestiges of freedom you thought you had.

When this is over I'm going to enjoy watching the people that marketed and perpetuated this scam brought to justice. Full, swift, complete and final justice.

Reactions: user123

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
This makes no sense. The article says they are testing for antibodies. So a person who has gone through the virus and is now virus free, would have antibodies (hello, immunity) so it would gets positive in this test. What are they going to do with those cases?
If you test positive for antibodies, then they follow up with a PCR test to determine if you are still a carrier. PCR takes 90 minutes under ideal conditions.

It's still a sieve as the body takes weeks to develop antibodies and many people don't develop any. It's an imperfect system, but like a lot of security, just going through the motions make people feel safer.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
They call that the torture test in my book. I did the chop stick up my nose at the drive in yesterday. Oh!, what my life has become. I used to go to a drive in to make out with a girl. Now I go to a drive in to stick a chopstick up my nose. And!! the attendant is watching me from behind concrete wall, and glass enclosure and says on the loud speaker "DID YOU DO BOTH NOSTRILS??" Yeah baby, I got it. :oops:

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu
Sep 22, 2009
They call that the torture test in my book. I did the chop stick up my nose at the drive in yesterday. Oh!, what my life has become. I used to go to a drive in to make out with a girl. Now I go to a drive in to stick a chopstick up my nose. And!! the attendant is watching me from behind concrete wall, and glass enclosure and says on the loud speaker "DID YOU DO BOTH NOSTRILS??" Yeah baby, I got it. :oops:
Somewhere this is entertaining content. I think with a few tweaks. I like the post