Travelling to Europe for Dominican citizens changes in 2024

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So why doesn't Colombians, Venezuelans or Peruvians need a Visa? I don't think that citizens from those countries have less interest in leaving their home country than Dominicans.
Those who have enough money to leave normally wants to stay in the DR, and those who don't, normally don't have enough money to pay for the trip. And I don't believe that it would make any difference, those who are determined to leave DR and live illegally somewhere else will find the way with or without Visa requirements, it only "hurts" the rest of us who has to take those additional costs and steps to be able to take our families abroad.
Lots of Dominicans have Visa or even residency in Spain, Italy, and the Netherlands. My Neighbour will be in England very soon, as she has been approved. Quite a few Dominicans that I know actually have Spanish citizenship. My wife's sister is currently living in her great grandfather's house in Andalusia.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
So why doesn't Colombians, Venezuelans or Peruvians need a Visa? I don't think that citizens from those countries have less interest in leaving their home country than Dominicans.
Those who have enough money to leave normally wants to stay in the DR, and those who don't, normally don't have enough money to pay for the trip. And I don't believe that it would make any difference, those who are determined to leave DR and live illegally somewhere else will find the way with or without Visa requirements, it only "hurts" the rest of us who has to take those additional costs and steps to be able to take our families abroad.
Yes. It makes no sense, why requiring Visa for the DR and not for Nicaragua, Honduras and El Salvador?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Only the shadow knows. I think it has to do with overstays in the past, but that is just a guess.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I see we are back to Bizzaro world
That tends to happen especially when the OP is incorrect to begin with and nothing is actually changing for Dominican Citizens regarding travel to the EU in 2024.

(and won't change at least until we get the chipped passports which some think is the limiting factor :), Looking forward to that next batch of DR passports and visa free EU travel - good luck with that.)

Reactions: RDKNIGHT