Travels from DR to Toronto - Covid-19 Quarantine Hotel Toronto - Crowne Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Turns out this hotel quarantine "requirement" is nothing more than a threat! They can't issue fines because they know they would be dismissed in courts.
Haha.

Quebec premiers are very adept at playing political games with the Feds. Say one thing for financial gain then do something entirely different. To be fair it wasn’t just Legault. Ford put the same pressure on the Feds to shut down international travel.

There may be political blowback against Legault in the next Quebec provincial election. A significant number of Quebec voters are DR tourists, expats, and snowbirds. They may vote against him.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
for those that don't think the government is charging anyone... $6500

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Quebec and Alberta are currently not fining travellers that won't do the 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine. They will fine you if you don't do the 14 day quarantine at your home. To me that's fair.
This can change at any time as there is money on the table and we all know what greedy pigs the government is.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Quebec and Alberta are currently not fining travellers that won't do the 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine. They will fine you if you don't do the 14 day quarantine at your home. To me that's fair.
This can change at any time as there is money on the table and we all know what greedy pigs the government is.
Yes they are greedy spending a shit load of money trying to keep people alive...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The Feds responded to Doug Ford's request to bar int'l travelers from entering Canada.

'Who would you like barred ??'

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I'm leaving for a vacation to DR as soon as Air Transat starts flying again and NO, I won't be paying for the covid hotel prison upon returning. Screw the Quebec govt with their unlawful and unconstitutional fines. Can't wait to see how that crap will even hold in court if they tried.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Yes they are greedy spending a shit load of money trying to keep people alive...
It seems to me that they are spending more trying to convince law abiding citizens that what they are doing is correct. I think what they are doing is a load of crap. I'm going to get into all the political nonsense as I don't want to see another thread closed.

I'm just sick and tired or the Nazi tactics the various levels of government are imposing on people that have not broken any laws. In a perfect a world, if we could shut down the government and not pay them things would improve a lot better than they have.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
That should read I am NOT going to get into the political nonsense. Hey it's Sunday and I'm enjoying a early beer and my proof reading skills are off a bit

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
China, Australia, Korea, Taiwan, and New Zealand all have mandatory 14 days hotel quarantine.
They are the most successful at dealing with this pandemic.

If Canada's 3 day hotel quarantine is akin to Nazi concentration camps and the internment of Japanese Canadians, what do you have to say about those countries?

Perhaps the problem in Canada is that there are too many entitled, selfish, and greedy people.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Not sure what Japanese Canadians have to do with anything.
Do the rest of the countries you listed allow international travel? I don't think so.
Is a $1700 quarantine for 14 days equivalent to up to $2000 per person for 3 days with basically garbage food reasonable? I don't think so.
Basic human rights are being taken away from Canadians that have not broken any laws.
I don't understand why you would defend this

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It seems to me that they are spending more trying to convince law abiding citizens that what they are doing is correct. I think what they are doing is a load of crap. I'm going to get into all the political nonsense as I don't want to see another thread closed.

I'm just sick and tired or the Nazi tactics the various levels of government are imposing on people that have not broken any laws. In a perfect a world, if we could shut down the government and not pay them things would improve a lot better than they have.
Ah you sound like your from Alberta....roflmfao...
China, Australia, Korea, Taiwan, and New Zealand all have mandatory 14 days hotel quarantine.
They are the most successful at dealing with this pandemic.

If Canada's 3 day hotel quarantine is akin to Nazi concentration camps and the internment of Japanese Canadians, what do you have to say about those countries?

Perhaps the problem in Canada is that there are too many entitled, selfish, and greedy people.
you hit the nail on the head...

Reactions: MGD

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
Not sure what Japanese Canadians have to do with anything.
Do the rest of the countries you listed allow international travel? I don't think so.
Is a $1700 quarantine for 14 days equivalent to up to $2000 per person for 3 days with basically garbage food reasonable? I don't think so.
Basic human rights are being taken away from Canadians that have not broken any laws.
I don't understand why you would defend this
There are some here who think it is appropriate to compare Canada's 3 day hotel quarantine to Nazi concentration camps and Japanese Canadians internment camps.

China allows international travel, not sure about the others.
In any case, isn't it more relevant how they treat their citizens.

I am not defending the measure.
Just commenting on absurd idiotic comparisons.
I have already stated that the Canadian government should have thrown the book at the quarantine violators instead of making everybody pay this price.

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
So people that haven’t broken any rules a worried about what exactly?
There are numerous people who are not following the rules.
Nonessential businesses are closed but many remain open.
People are not visiting their family and friends but many are.
People are not having and attending parties but many are.
People were staying home for their quarantine but many were not.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There are some here who think it is appropriate to compare Canada's 3 day hotel quarantine to Nazi concentration camps and Japanese Canadians internment camps.

China allows international travel, not sure about the others.
In any case, isn't it more relevant how they treat their citizens.

I am not defending the measure.
Just commenting on absurd idiotic comparisons.
I have already stated that the Canadian government should have thrown the book at the quarantine violators instead of making everybody pay this price.
I will never apologize for what my ancestors did. They did not have the luxury of the access to information like we do.
They did what they thought was right at that moment in time. I am absolutely embarrassed when some dumb ass politician starts apologizing for the way the world worked back then.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There are numerous people who are not following the rules.
Nonessential businesses are closed but many remain open.
People are not visiting their family and friends but many are.
People are not having and attending parties but many are.
People were staying home for their quarantine but many were not.
Then punish the less than 1% that are not following the rules. Leave law abiding citizens alone.
What part of that are you having difficulty with?

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
Then punish the less than 1% that are not following the rules. Leave law abiding citizens alone.
What part of that are you having difficulty with?
I agree but it is easier said than done.
The fundamental problem with these health measures is that enforcement is a drop in the bucket.
They are dependent on the honour system and that requires a disciplined culture.
The government failed to set good examples and proper precedents.

Reactions: Ecoman1949
Status
Not open for further replies.