Travels from DR to Toronto - Covid-19 Quarantine Hotel Toronto - Crowne Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
Thanks for the clarification.

So, somebody like the Vice President of the U.S. should not be allowed any special privileges either?
Trudeau is only the leader of the ruling party, aka the Prime Minister of Canada.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Trudeau is only the leader of the ruling party, aka the Prime Minister of Canada.
So the Prime Minister of Canada should not have any special privileges?

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
So the Prime Minister of Canada should not have any special privileges?

Privileges are earned JD. He didn’t earn his special privileges. He rode to political victory riding on his father’s coattails. His administration has been riddled with nepotism, corruption, and the incompetent handling of many aspects of the pandemic. He is totally out of touch with the needs of the average Canadian.

When a political leader arbitrarily removes your freedom, you expect him to abide by the same rules. He and his entourage not having to stay in the same decrepit Covid concentration camps as the average Canadian is further proof of his shallow political acumen and total disregard for the plight of many Canadians during a pandemic. Insensitive to say the least. The icing on his corrupt political cake is the luxury hotel he and his entourage will be staying in on their return to Canada to isolate at taxpayers expense.

The fact is the trip is unnecessary. The meeting could have been done through virtual means.

I have no problem with politicians of integrity employing special privileges to govern well. Trudeau’s latest political misstep is the complete opposite.He tried to keep the trip low key. The media found out during an interview with Prime Minster Johnson.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Ecoman pretty much nailed it. Trudeau and his whole group should each be charged $5000 for not staying in a "government approved hotel" that these same assholes approved a few months ago.
Lead by example not self entitlement.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Privileges are earned JD. He didn’t earn his special privileges. He rode to political victory riding on his father’s coattails. His administration has been riddled with nepotism, corruption, and the incompetent handling of many aspects of the pandemic. He is totally out of touch with the needs of the average Canadian.

When a political leader arbitrarily removes your freedom, you expect him to abide by the same rules. He and his entourage not having to stay in the same decrepit Covid concentration camps as the average Canadian is further proof of his shallow political acumen and total disregard for the plight of many Canadians during a pandemic. Insensitive to say the least. The icing on his corrupt political cake is the luxury hotel he and his entourage will be staying in on their return to Canada to isolate at taxpayers expense.

The fact is the trip is unnecessary. The meeting could have been done through virtual means.

I have no problem with politicians of integrity employing special privileges to govern well. Trudeau’s latest political misstep is the complete opposite.He tried to keep the trip low key. The media found out during an interview with Prime Minster Johnson.
I agree with ya dude. That's the way it would be in a more perfect world.

But the entire world is full of countries with high-level politicians with the "Do as I say, not as I do" mantra.

And whether we like it or not, they all think they deserve "better" for the "high price" they pay for leading their country.

This guy is just another example and probably worse because he doesn't seem to have the mental horsepower of a rock.

Note: We gotta tread lightly here. Remember no talk about govt's of any country is allowed here.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Note: We gotta tread lightly here. Remember no talk about govt's of any country is allowed here.

Thank, JD for saving me the need of posting another warning. I've been pondering my reaction to the comments about about the Canadian PM for the last day or two.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Toronto Public Health investigating possible COVID-19 outbreak at quarantine hotel​

The Crowne Plaza Hotel, located at 22 Carlson Court, in the Highway 27 and Dixon Road area, is the focus of the investigation, public health confirmed on Sunday.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/05...ssible-covid-19-outbreak-at-quarantine-hotel/
Canadian authorities forcing their draconian restrictions on their citizens.
Who could have seen this coming?
May these idiots reap what they sow.
I hope they get sued.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
JD - I know you are not Canadian. But just to be clear. Justin Truedope is not the head of state for Canada. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of Canada and Head of State. The Governor General is the representative of The Queen in Canada.

He is just an elected official (albeit from a privileged and wealthy family whose father Pierre Trudeau - a former Prime Minister of Canada- was also from the same privileged and wealthy family.)

Justin was a part-time supply teacher in his former "distinguished" career.
The Queen's powers as head of state are ceremonial or symbolic.

There still is no Governor General at the moment.
Julie Payette resigned from the post four months ago after a scathing external review found she had presided over a "toxic" and "poisoned" workplace.
A new Governor General may be named by the end of June, a Haitian again or maybe a Punjabi this time?

Canada operates as what is called a constitutional monarchy, in which the monarch agrees to delegate her powers to the nation’s elected politicians, rather than use them herself. In Canadian law, the impressive powers of the monarch are thus formally held by Elizabeth II but lent to other people, mostly the Prime Minister of Canada (sometimes described as “her” prime minister), who governs on the Queen’s behalf and passes laws in her name using her authority. https://thecanadaguide.com/government/the-monarchy/

I can understand your aversion to Trudeau and his covid hotels.

It may be time to prepare for the next election.
Annamie Paul
Annamie Paul Green Party Leader
th

Jagmeet Singh NDP Party Leader

I doubt many Canadians could name The leader of the Conservative Party Erin O’Toole.

Of course what the policies of any of the candidates in regard to COVID19, covid hotels or travel would be, no-one knows.
As well as no-one knows yet when covid hotels will be cancelled, air travel reinstated, or US borders opened.

Reactions: JD Jones

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have yet to understand the continuation of the border closure when arrival by is allowed
but not by car

Just seems odd....

Reactions: slowmo

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Angela Merkel chose to live at home, not the Gov't apartment provided to Chancellors, does her own shopping and did not need or utilize "secret service" type guards, etc. Essentially she lives as much of a normal life as possible while being the Chancellor of Germany. A far cry from most politicians

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Angela Merkel chose to live at home, not the Gov't apartment provided to Chancellors, does her own shopping and did not need or utilize "secret service" type guards, etc. Essentially she lives as much of a normal life as possible while being the Chancellor of Germany. A far cry from most politicians
Change is coming this year.
She gave a lot of stability to Germany.
Yes, mistakes were made but who is perfect?
Even though not universally liked, it seems she does not have to fear for her life.
Maybe a testament to conditions in Germany.

It's time for Canada to eliminate the covid hotel stay, PCR test, quarantine at home.
The technology for more rapid PCR tests does exist and should be used rather than the lengthy send to lab method.

Germany does not have covid hotels, but PCR tests and quarantine may be required depending on travel area.

Status
Not open for further replies.