Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Not appropriate
No reply to that since it would be OT. Sorry.

99D66195-F7D5-41B8-AA7E-2913193C6F34.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Honestly, I don't understand what you posted. Care to explain? (BTW I didn't want to respond to the comment on "rules of law" which I believe is inaccurate vis a vi, what rules of law are followed in the DR. ) The tread title is "The trial...etc" not how the judges came to their their decision, which nobody on this forum is privy to.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not appropriate
No doubt.
The DR is a sunny place for shady people.
Know before you go.
Regarding this one, some say love is blind.
RIP.

Once these folks have been released, feel free to post their local haunts.

Last edited by a moderator:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think what we should be asking now is....Is there anything at all that can still be done before they are released? Is there an appeal? How can we help if we are not there?
You might want to inquire: Will there be a public record of the proceedings. How transparent are they about entering something that is available to the public? That might take forever but, inquire how long, where available.? Secondly, would the defense team, now that this decision has come down, be amenable to an open discussion with our forum board?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Both of their houses were in both names. I thought with Dominican law the surviving spouse gets half and children the other half. She had no children, so does it go to her mother/siblings?
If he was found guilty he would get nothing law…but now hopefully lawyers soaked him And Karma repays him.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
He'll sell everything to get his hands on hard cash.

Last edited:

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
So sad to hear this. Even though I didn't expect the four of them to be sentenced, I was expecting at least Danilo, and perhaps, another one. Does anyone know the details about the judges' decision? Before the verdict the usually a give brief explanation for their decision. Also, sometimes there's one that votes against the the others.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
That's so sad. Is this a final decision? Does the DR have double jeopardy type laws? If more evidence comes to light, can there be a retrial? I know it is a pipe dream.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So sad to hear this. Even though I didn't expect the four of them to be sentenced, I was expecting at least Danilo, and perhaps, another one. Does anyone know the details about the judges' decision? Before the verdict the usually a give brief explanation for their decision. Also, sometimes there's one that votes against the the others.

Brief? I understand the judges spoke for close to 3 hours before verbalizing their verdict.

So, if there are 3 judges, for example, and one votes not guilty….. that’s the verdict? Or must all 3 agree?

Reactions: Aguaita29

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Brief? I understand the judges spoke for close to 3 hours before verbalizing their verdict.

So, if there are 3 judges, for example, and one votes not guilty….. that’s the verdict? Or must all 3 agree?
There's no need for the 3 of them to agree. The verdict is what the majority agrees on.

Reactions: AlterEgo

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
I suspected as much. The physical evidence just wasn't there, and a conviction with circumstantial evidence is a tough sell here.
How could there be no physical evidence? Her laptop and cell phone to start. What she had done to her and how she was buried and what in must be dna.
It also is an issue for a witness to speak up as you see what can happen after they are released.

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
Both of their houses were in both names. I thought with Dominican law the surviving spouse gets half and children the other half. She had no children, so does it go to her mother/siblings?
I'm shocked she did that. He was always bugging her for money for his kids to buy them this and that. She was happy living the DR way. The DR screwed her over.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Very sad outcome. Makes me rethink my plans to spend my retirement $$$ here in DR. I said before the positives outweigh the negatives. Not no more!
You’re not the only one. If someone with the reach and following of Lindsay gets no justice, someone lesser known wouldn’t either.
And their main focus is tourism. Way to effectively promote it.
Are other expat forums she participated in aware of this verdict? What about agencies involved in the publication of her books?
What about the person interested in some sort of tv episode? It was posted here but I’m not finding that thread. I think the contact person was even named.

If the clowns in the DR don’t think her murder was a big deal, maybe her story needs some further attention from the actual developed world.

Status
Not open for further replies.