Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Apples and oranges! Nicole accidentally killed her husband while he was driving motorcycle next to her she swerved to avoid another car and hit him and was given 12 yrs for it served 2 yrs was released on bail for appeal on (they didn't take her passport ) $50000 euro and she took of home seems it was set up that way..

Why do you think this is apples and oranges. She was tried and convicted for murder which is exactly the same charge these four face for Lindsay. She was given 8 years I believe but you say 12. She had already served a long period of time waiting for trial just like these four in the case of Lindsay. But as soon as she was convicted she was then released on bail to appeal and allowed to leave the country. There is no difference between what she was convicted for and what these men are charged with.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Why do you think this is apples and oranges. She was tried and convicted for murder which is exactly the same charge these four face for Lindsay. She was given 8 years I believe but you say 12. She had already served a long period of time waiting for trial just like these four in the case of Lindsay. But as soon as she was convicted she was then released on bail to appeal and allowed to leave the country. There is no difference between what she was convicted for and what these men are charged with.
I guess plotting and going through with it and accidentally doing it means nothing.(not the place to talk about it feel free to pm me in private)

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I did not know Lindsey outside of her posts but I am curious to hear from those of you who were close to her if you ever tried to broach the subject with her that her husband could be behind the severe attacks on her? I think there was some hints her husband could be involved after the beating.
I am sure that would have been a touchy subject but I think her close friends must have suspected donestic violence and she was in real danger.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
CB.. someone from this Board sent me a very nice PM.. and I would not betray their Trust or post what they said onto the open forum... but YES , you are on the right Track ... people did try. Her Close friends , Good people .. its not like they just allowed this to happen without trying to warn her .
but LOVE is Blind as they say..
So deeply sorry that this happened to this Nice Lady .

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I did not know Lindsey outside of her posts but I am curious to hear from those of you who were close to her if you ever tried to broach the subject with her that her husband could be behind the severe attacks on her? I think there was some hints her husband could be involved after the beating.
I am sure that would have been a touchy subject but I think her close friends must have suspected donestic violence and she was in real danger.

Deleted

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Can we please just keep this thread open to discuss the trial. Anything else does not seem appropriate.

Two years on, those of us who knew her well are still hurting and still have so many questions that we want answered. I am pretty certain that these won't be answered at the trial, given Dominican justice, and I am pretty certain there are others on this board who have the answers. I would love to have a space on DR1 for those who knew her well to be able to talk and try to piece together what happened, mainly to get some closure. I personally knew her and the family well.

Would the mods consider opening a thread with restricted access to her friends maybe?

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Can Danilo and crew be accused and then walk out on bail as the Brit did?
Danilo was very stupid in a lot of ways. But I worry he’d head to somewhere like Colombia or Ecuador where Dominicans can travel without visa and just disappear.

She was so generous and helpful and was a go to person for hundreds about the DR.
She helped with so many things, but when she helped me with obtaining my criminal record check, she said to visit. I wish we had.

There needs to be justice here.

Can her friends in higher places on DR1 make sure that he and his slime stay in jail and can’t flee?
The remember the case mentioned with Nicole from the UK.

Reactions: whirleybird

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Can Danilo and crew be accused and then walk out on bail as the Brit did?
Danilo was very stupid in a lot of ways. But I worry he’d head to somewhere like Colombia or Ecuador where Dominicans can travel without visa and just disappear.

She was so generous and helpful and was a go to person for hundreds about the DR.
She helped with so many things, but when she helped me with obtaining my criminal record check, she said to visit. I wish we had.

There needs to be justice here.

Can her friends in higher places on DR1 make sure that he and his slime stay in jail and can’t flee?
The remember the case mentioned with Nicole from the UK.
Justice will happen.
I am not sure there are "higher places" on DR1 that control any part of the legal process.
I expect evidence will win out.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Has the GoFundMe money been used for this trial. Has Easton (aka) Harleysrock, been accountable for the money he collected?

Reactions: chico bill

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Justice will happen.
I am not sure there are "higher places" on DR1 that control any part of the legal process.
Yes, I should have worded that differently.

I was thinking that if connections via DR1 resulted in a swifter police presence for her, maybe connections in the justice system might aid in that area as well.

Not direct members on this forum, nor direct friends of hers per say, but connections and friends of friends.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Has the GoFundMe money been used for this trial. Has Easton (aka) Harleysrock, been accountable for the money he collected?
What money was that? Easton and his wife have been gone from the DR for quite a while. If any accountability were required it has flown the coop.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Justice will happen.

There are. Lindsay had at least one friend who was in a very influential position and who was instrumental in making sure that her disappearance was fully investigated. I think this is who Auryn is mainly appealing to, and I sincerely hope that this person does whatever is necessary to make sure justice is done.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Please consider deleting this, he was a very good friend of Lindsay and it's wrong even to suggest that he didn't spend every cent of the money collected correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: wayne and thompstr

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Does Lindsay have any close family that will be able to attend a possible long trial ?
I know that could be a big financial burden for someone so far away, and also not knowing Spanish might prevent them from understanding the proceedings.
If not maybe someone here is in contact to keep them updated ?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Does Lindsay have any close family that will be able to attend a possible long trial ?
I know that could be a big financial burden for someone so far away, and also not knowing Spanish might prevent them from understanding the proceedings.
If not maybe someone here is in contact to keep them updated ?
Lindsay’s mother is a member here and has posted in this thread. They will be kept abreast of any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.