Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Typically the longer a case drags out in the courts in this country the more it helps the accused. I hope this is not the reason for so many delays.

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
No words can really express what the last few years have been like since December 10th 2019 but on behalf of all Lindsay’s family I would like to thank everyone who has helped and supported us through the past two years. i still find it hard to believe that I will never speak to her on Skype again, something I used to do every day.
she is missed in so many ways. She had so many friends in DR, here in UK and all over the world who I am sure, like me, are hoping we are nearing the end of this uncertainty. She helped so many people memories of her will live for a long time. Thank you again to you all.
Lindsay’s mother
Thinking of you all xo

Reactions: whirleybird

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Apparently there were important witnesses missing on both defense and prosecution sides, and the trial has been postponed once again. It will begin on May 9th.

The good news is that the judge is taking this trial very seriously, as is the fiscal. And, of course, the 4 defendants will remain locked up until trial.
Any word if this is still on track for trial on Monday?

Reactions: Howeller63

Matilda's Mother

May 10, 2008
Lindsay’s family are devastated to hear that the trial has been postponed once again. How long can this go on for?
We are so grateful for all the support we have had from her many friends in the Dominican Republic, here at home and all over the world.
It is essential that we do not let her name and what she stood for melt into the background as this saga of the trial drags on. Family and friends in UK have contacted politicians, Dominican Republic Embassy in London and British Embassy in D R. The Guardian newspaper also ran a story to try and keep up the pressure for there to be a positive conclusion as soon as possible.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Lindsay’s family are devastated to hear that the trial has been postponed once again. How long can this go on for?
We are so grateful for all the support we have had from her many friends in the Dominican Republic, here at home and all over the world.
It is essential that we do not let her name and what she stood for melt into the background as this saga of the trial drags on. Family and friends in UK have contacted politicians, Dominican Republic Embassy in London and British Embassy in D R. The Guardian newspaper also ran a story to try and keep up the pressure for there to be a positive conclusion as soon as possible.
Agreed on all points. Several friends in the DR have connections in the press/media, and have been successful having reporters attend. The problem with all the postponements is the very real chance that they won’t keep sending staff, because the location of the trial is out of the way. I miss her terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.