Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I am really surprised that they keep having a one-day session and then have to wait a few weeks before another one-day session. Surely after waiting for so long they could have estimated the length of time the trial is likely to take and then started it and kept going until it was concluded? I can't imagine any other country doing a murder trial in one-day drips and drabs.

Reactions: cavok

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Justice will be served things just take a little bit more time here...

Yup, there was so much justice served on the people involved in Odebrecht wasn't there? Or for that Welsh woman who apparently killed her husband, found guilty and was allowed to get on a plane back home. I have zero faith in the Dominican justice system.

Reactions: melphis

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Lindsay was a truly remarkable lady who gave so many people so much inspiration. The fact is that Dominican justice often produces atrocious results. We all know that. We are all hoping that the trial gets to the bottom of what actually happened, and punishes those who were responsible. But I think all of us who know the country well are bracing ourselves just in case that doesn't happen. Trying to be as positive as possible but also realistic.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Lindsay was a truly remarkable lady who gave so many people so much inspiration. The fact is that Dominican justice often produces atrocious results. We all know that. We are all hoping that the trial gets to the bottom of what actually happened, and punishes those who were responsible. But I think all of us who know the country well are bracing ourselves just in case that doesn't happen. Trying to be as positive as possible but also realistic.
I understand .. let try to be positive and yes we all know how things work here..

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I am really surprised that they keep having a one-day session and then have to wait a few weeks before another one-day session. Surely after waiting for so long they could have estimated the length of time the trial is likely to take and then started it and kept going until it was concluded? I can't imagine any other country doing a murder trial in one-day drips and drabs.
I thought the same, absolute madness even for the DR! Am I missing something but surely running them back to back or in drinks and drabs still takes the same amount of time.

Im presuming, perhaps wrongly that he won’t have any access to any assets or finances while on remand or if found guilty?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Im presuming, perhaps wrongly that he won’t have any access to any assets or finances while on remand or if found guilty?

Under Dominican law, I think it's right that as she didn't have any children, her parents would inherit before her husband, at least I think that's how it works but please can someone else confirm I also think Danilo owned half of the house in Juan Dolio that was being sold, but I presume that it never did get sold as the murder took place before the sale went through.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
So many questions. The 4 men are all on trial together? Are they
all housed together in the same prison? What about the properties (the home they owned and the property in Barahona) Lindsy and the husband owned together? Would that be confiscated if he is found guilty? If convicted will he still be able to be a lawyer when he gets out of jail?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is that a good thing? At least one more month of jail for the “alleged criminals”?
So many questions. The 4 men are all on trial together? Are they
all housed together in the same prison? What about the properties (the home they owned and the property in Barahona) Lindsy and the husband owned together? Would that be confiscated if he is found guilty? If convicted will he still be able to be a lawyer when he gets out of jail?
Every day they spend in jail is a good day IMO.

Yes, all tried together, I’m not sure if that means they all get the same verdict though, I think not. All housed together. I don’t know what happens to their properties or his legal career If convicted. I know what *I* think should happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.