Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think it's correct to say that if they are on preventiva, they are treated slightly differently to convicted prisoners aren't they? Can they still use their phones for example? And wear normal clothes?

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
new to report,ng ourt date is August 31st.
Was there a trial? Thanks for next date.
Every day they spend in jail is a good day IMO.

Yes, all tried together, I’m not sure if that means they all get the same verdict though, I think not. All housed together. I don’t know what happens to their properties or his legal career If convicted. I know what *I* think should happen.
Was there a trial on 3rd? Thanks for the next court date.

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
I think it's correct to say that if they are on preventiva, they are treated slightly differently to convicted prisoners aren't they? Can they still use their phones for example? And wear normal clothes?
Not where my friend was in Samana horrendous.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Each date the trial proceeds a bit, prosecution is presenting their evidence and witnesses. Defense will follow, probably mostly character witnesses.
How long are each of these sessions? Are they attempts to delay (and delay) the proceedings?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
A trial is not supposed to go on in sessions. Adjournments are sometimes caused by the court or the fiscal, like someone wasn't duly served or summoned, or the fiscal wants more time for something. Most of the time it's the attorneys, who use delay tactics to make the trial drag on.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
A trial is not supposed to go on in sessions. Adjournments are sometimes caused by the court or the fiscal, like someone wasn't duly served or summoned, or the fiscal wants more time for something. Most of the time it's the attorneys, who use delay tactics to make the trial drag on.
Ah, that's the feeling I was getting. I don't like the vibe.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think the reality is that at some point they did have an estimate of how long the trial would last and had blocked that time out in court. But then the trial was delayed and delayed for various reasons and they have got such a huge backlog of cases that they just have to squeeze it in on odd days. The accused have already had more than two and a half years in prison waiting for trail they cannot be told to wait another year. Everyone deserves a fair trial

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think the reality is that at some point they did have an estimate of how long the trial would last and had blocked that time out in court. But then the trial was delayed and delayed for various reasons and they have got such a huge backlog of cases that they just have to squeeze it in on odd days. The accused have already had more than two and a half years in prison waiting for trail they cannot be told to wait another year. Everyone deserves a fair trial
One never knows what is in the minds of a defense strategy . Perhaps, this has nothing to do with "fair trial"? This too will come to an end some day. Let's hope and pray that justice is truly served.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
One never knows what is in the minds of a defense strategy . Perhaps, this has nothing to do with "fair trial"? This too will come to an end some day. Let's hope and pray that justice is truly served.

I think it's the court that is delaying things. Not the defence nor the prosecution. There were delays initially because some witnesses couldn't attend but now the trial has started I think the court is allowing a day for the hearing, then when that day is at an end the Judge is saying the case will next be considered on xxx date as they are full until then. And they are only allowing the hearing one day at a time. That's the impression I have been given, but there are those who are closer to this that can maybe correct me if I'm wrong.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think it's the court that is delaying things. Not the defence nor the prosecution. There were delays initially because some witnesses couldn't attend but now the trial has started I think the court is allowing a day for the hearing, then when that day is at an end the Judge is saying the case will next be considered on xxx date as they are full until then. And they are only allowing the hearing one day at a time. That's the impression I have been given, but there are those who are closer to this that can maybe correct me if I'm wrong.
Your logic makes sense. What concerns me is one of the defendants in this case is a lawyer schooled and licensed here in the DR. I have zero ideas as to how he might use that to his advantage. But...its on my mind. Why would it not be??
Early this morning I poked around a bit to learn more about the court system...up to the Supreme Court. There is an appeal court. There is a Supreme Court .I don't like these delays. Can they be used at a later date to serve the defendants. IDK.

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
Not sure where I had read and hope true is the past incidents Lindsay endured would be looked into as well. Hoping!

Reactions: dulce and JD Jones

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Your logic makes sense. What concerns me is one of the defendants in this case is a lawyer schooled and licensed here in the DR. I have zero ideas as to how he might use that to his advantage. But...its on my mind. Why would it not be??
Early this morning I poked around a bit to learn more about the court system...up to the Supreme Court. There is an appeal court. There is a Supreme Court .I don't like these delays. Can they be used at a later date to serve the defendants. IDK.
if i am correct '' the lawyer " does not have a lot of experience .......and from reading Lindsay's book my opinion is he wasnt too bright to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.