Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2004
From what I understand, prior attempts on her life were not permitted into evidence. ☹️
Their defense likely argued successfully, that evidence of prior attempts, were more prejudicial to the defendants than probative, particularly if no evidence exists to connect the defendants to those prior bad acts.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Their defense likely argued successfully, that evidence of prior attempts, were more prejudicial to the defendants than probative, particularly if no evidence exists to connect the defendants to those prior bad acts.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Ok, but given there is no jury and only a judge decides, doesn't he or she know now that there were prior attempts, or was that put before a different judge?

Reactions: thompstr
Jan 9, 2004
Ok, but given there is no jury and only a judge decides, doesn't he or she know now that there were prior attempts, or was that put before a different judge?
I believe it is a tribunal that decides. That having been said, if prior attempts are excluded, judge/judges must base their decision on the evidence allowed into the case.........and only that evidence.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Yesterday closing arguments/statements began. I’m told the fiscal/magistrada gave a very powerful and moving speech. Defense is claiming everything is circumstantial and they refute scientific evidence like GPS, etc. Time ran out, and they will resume December 16th. It is expected that on that day the judges will also retire to chambers after statements, to return the verdict that same day.

I have been asked to plead with all Lindsay’s friends in the DR, begging them to sit in the courtroom on December 16th. This is your last chance to show support for the woman who helped everyone who asked. Consider a carpool, share a rental, etc. The court is in Santiago Rodriguez (not Santiago de Los Cabelleros!!!). It’s vital that the judge sees there is foreigner support and interest.

If you have contacts in the press, NOW is the time to arrange for them to be in court on the 16th.

It’s almost over.
I will attempt to rally my contacts here, thank you for this info x

Reactions: AlterEgo

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Is anyone planning to drive from Cabarete or somewhere on the North Coast?
to attend the end of this trial?
I do not feel comfortable renting a car or going alone, but I would like to show support as a friend and concerned person seeking some kind of justice.

bellakins

May 31, 2008
December 16 ia a Friday
What time will the proceedings resume?

And where exactly is the courthouse located in Santiago Rodriguez?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
December 16 ia a Friday
What time will the proceedings resume?

And where exactly is the courthouse located in Santiago Rodriguez?

It’s scheduled for 9 am but no guarantee it will begin then. This week I believe it was 11.

Reactions: Howeller63

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yesterday closing arguments/statements began. I’m told the fiscal/magistrada gave a very powerful and moving speech. Defense is claiming everything is circumstantial and they refute scientific evidence like GPS, etc. Time ran out, and they will resume December 16th. It is expected that on that day the judges will also retire to chambers after statements, to return the verdict that same day.

I have been asked to plead with all Lindsay’s friends in the DR, begging them to sit in the courtroom on December 16th. This is your last chance to show support for the woman who helped everyone who asked. Consider a carpool, share a rental, etc. The court is in Santiago Rodriguez (not Santiago de Los Cabelleros!!!). It’s vital that the judge sees there is foreigner support and interest.

If you have contacts in the press, NOW is the time to arrange for them to be in court on the 16th.

It’s almost over.
How about coordinates for the courthouse and time expected start the session

SandyBeachBum

Aug 18, 2017
I was one of Lindsay's many friends, and stayed with her the last time I was in the DR. I wish I could be there on the 16th in support of her and her family. Praying for a just and deserved outcome of this trial. We have all waited long enough. Respect to all from Canada. 💙

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Does DT have their own reporting staff, or do they translate and re-write articles from Dominican news sources?????
They have some freelancers but mostly just recycle from other news sources but I thought since they have English language readers it might be a way to get publicity for the 16th.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
DT, Hoy, Diario Libre and Listin Diario all have freelance writers. I am sure there are more. Also try Twitter.

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Status
Not open for further replies.