Trivia game - with prize

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
lol

ok I have given it a shot. I think i have one right ;)

o and btw Pib what is Google( got that part)-'fu' powers? Was in car accident on weekend and seem to have lost my marbles in it.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Eighth question:
Match the town/province/municipality with the dish for which they are best-known:

Montecristi
Villa Mella
Ban?
Saman?

Chicharrones
Pescado con coco
Chivo liniero
Dulce de leche
Answer:
Montecristi - Chivo liniero
Villa Mella - Chicharrones
Ban? - Dulce de leche
Saman? - Pescado con coco

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
lol

I was not thinking clearly when I answered, but I just realized what the question asked. I believe that from my answer I am meant to be a expat. lol Sorry Pib for being so blank on this. lol.:laugh:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
The score, from lower to higher:

Hillbilly: 1
Mirador: 2
Funnyyale26: 3
Leekiv: 4
AnnaC: 5
Chip00: 6
Indie: 10
LesleyD: 10

And the winner is:

Sharlene: 11

Congratulations. Great job!
Sharlene, please send me your address, real name and telephone no. in a private message and we'll be sending your book soon.

Thanks all for participating. It was lots of fun. I hope to do this again some other time. I hope you also learned something about our great and rich culinary culture.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
What a lovely surprise! Thank You...

Wow, I've missed a couple of questions and couldn't even find the thread this morning! When I did I just scrolled down to the first list of names, so I thought I wasn't even ranking! Bit of a shock - but a nice shock! I love cooking all types of food so I look forward to receiving the book. Thanks again.

Sharlene (and that is my real name!) :D:D:D

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Congrats Sharlene

Now that you have won the book we are all coming over to your house for some great DR cooking. Oh did they forget to mention that the winner has to cook for the rest of us? lol glad you won and thanks to Pib for putting this on.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Congrats, Sharlene...yeah...we're coming to your house too!!! ;)

Hey, Pib...do you mean to tell me I didn't even get ONE answer right???

Or didn't you get my pm's???

I am sooo dissapointed!!!

Mrs. MQ

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
You had to type faster MQ. Remember that points were awarded only to the three first answers.

A lot of people participated, unfortunately not fast enough to get any points.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
No problem...but you did post the questions at crazy hours...I have a brand new husband at home...no time to be in the computer all day... :(

Oh, well...that's fine...maybe I'll buy the book...