Trojan Battery Question

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
I bought 2 Meteoro 12 volt for my Landcruiser. After 7 month one of them give up. They gave me a brand-new without discussion
thats good. most decent companies will replace
Much of the battery customer opinions all depend on where you live. two things they do not like.. Heat "REP DOM" and cold. "ALASKA"

I replace batteries every 12 18 months wether i need to or not. lately it been 18 months due to cost.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
thats good. most decent companies will replace
Much of the battery customer opinions all depend on where you live. two things they do not like.. Heat "REP DOM" and cold. "ALASKA"

I replace batteries every 12 18 months wether i need to or not. lately it been 18 months due to cost.
I bought more expensives before, but they only last 12 month too. Now I buy cheep (4000 Peso) and change after ca 12 month

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Trojan Red are the best IMHO.

Ours served 3 1/2 years in Costambar & are only now - a further 9 months down the line - starting to show their age.

Remember also that dead batteries are worth 500 pesos to scrap metal dealers!

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013

Ours served 3 1/2 years in Costambar & are only now - a further 9 months down the line - starting to show their age.

I still like replacing batteries often. I am never stranded by a dead battery, other things yes but batteries no. I will try trojan

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com

Agree. But I've received as much as 1500p for 3 year old Trojan T-105s from guys who thought they could bring them back and didn't have much of a draw..

On my boats I used German gel cells. Not the German brand bought out and ruined by an American company. They lasted me 12 years, and the new owner another year. Would have gone longer I suspect, but the new owner went wary on them.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

At Luis Hernandez and Associates used batteries were valued at 800 pesos, last I checked, if you trade them in on Trojan Red batteries. I like to buy from LH because they are a major importer and have "fresh" batteries which is also important when you are purchasing. They have locations in Moca and Santiago.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Believe it or not, I've had my Trojan (red) batteries for 5 years (July 2008) and to this date I'm yet to add water to any of them. The gallon of battery water I got when I first got the batteries is still laying around unopened. I guess my inverter gets very light use, but I still find that battery performance impressive. Definitely worth the extra bucks.