Trouble in DR

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
I was in Puerto Plata week of Jan.04/19. Met up with a chica whom I have been chatting with on WhatsApp for the last 3 years

...wait what ? ...3 years of chatting on Whatsapp ...plus... access to countless similar stories on DR1 since 2015 ...and no red flags, alarm bells and such ? She must be something ...hope you got yours...and better luck next time.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Can you post a photo of her. Maybe help others that are currently chatting with her on whatsapp. Personally I stay away from north coast girls. I once had a colonel basically tell me that all N.C. are pros (no I don't believe that all of them all hos). after spending the night in jail.

Jul 28, 2014
I will be the first to admit, she did take me for $11,000 RD. The sad story of no food and my daughter is sick.

Consider that a fairly cheap lesson, if you have read any of the stories, a family member sick and/or no food for the kids is pretty much the oldest trick in the book in La Republica Disneyland...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Many people have expensive lessons when they first meet young ladies here. It's par for the course. Yours only cost you 11,000 pesos. Many have paid much more. Hopefully you will know better if you come here again. I can't imagine you will have any problem re-entering the country, but if you do, keep away from wherever she might be.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you play with fire, you have to accept the possibility of getting burned.

In an informal relationship, no female that is spending 48+ hours with a man is doing so without the expectation of some sort of payout at the end. Not in your home country and certainly not here in the DR.

Customs really should allow visitors to keep their common sense and seize their egos instead.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Customs really should allow visitors to keep their common sense and seize their egos instead.

Is this sort of banter really necessary, or nice?
This place used to be fun, before the internet warriors arrived.
I am so sick of these sorts of caustic jabs on here.

As you are a moderator, please move this from "Legal" to "Uranus" please.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
My bad, not paying attention, comment not appropriate for the legal forum. The mod for this forum will do what they feel is appropriate.

Rather than calling the kettle black and taking a personal jab at me, perhaps you should just report the post as inappropriate. More expeditious but less fun I know.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
If you play with fire, you have to accept the possibility of getting burned.

In an informal relationship, no female that is spending 48+ hours with a man is doing so without the expectation of some sort of payout at the end. Not in your home country and certainly not here in the DR.

I disagree. Yea maybe with a large % this is true but not all. Some are playing the long game and won't hit you up for $$$ at the end of 48, 72 hours.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Welcome to Wonderland!
The closer you get to Sosua,
the more prevalent this type
of behavior seems to be.

Why is it some of us live/ travel
here for years and never ever have
these types of problems from
day one and some of you have
them immediately upon arriving?

This begs the question Vito, how old
are you? and how old is she?

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I was in Puerto Plata week of Jan.04/19. Met up with a chica whom I have been chatting with on WhatsApp for the last 3 years. We spent 2 days together and on the 3rd day she invited me to her house for dinner and to help pay her rent. When I declined she became very upset and came to the café where I was having coffee. When I told her, she has to many issues and I wanted to be left alone.
To make a long story short,
The police showed up the next day at the bar with what appeared to be a official police document stating I had assaulted this chica. I didn't recognized the name of the accuser and my first name was spelled incorrectly.
I was able to leave the DR on my departure date without any issues.
My question is,
Is their a possibility when I return I can be arrested?

Are you guys that desperate? Such a really pitiful story. You all know how it is here. It seems there should be no more tales to tell.

Vito Ciraco

Aug 29, 2015
Welcome to Wonderland!
The closer you get to Sosua,
the more prevalent this type
of behavior seems to be.

Why is it some of us live/ travel
here for years and never ever have
these types of problems from
day one and some of you have
them immediately upon arriving?

This begs the question Vito, how old
are you? and how old is she?

I have visited the DR on many occasions. Never had this problem before, but I was engaged to a woman from San Pedro de macois. Then again, I am a father with a big heart and I do help out when possible. And I call the 11,000DR a donation. I donate more in year here in Toronto. As far as my age goes, I am 62

Seegee24

Sep 12, 2018
Vito, You were lucky. Consider it... A "Dominican Lesson". Look for substance not just a quickie!!! lol

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have visited the DR on many occasions. Never had this problem before, but I was engaged to a woman from San Pedro de macois. Then again, I am a father with a big heart and I do help out when possible. And I call the 11,000DR a donation. I donate more in year here in Toronto. As far as my age goes, I am 62

And chica? Let me guess...
Early 20's?

Consider yourself lucky you
didn't end up in the trunk of
a car somewhere down a dead
end road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4j7ggZqbiU