Truck water vs colmado water...

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You can always ask a reputable lab to test the water you are referring to.
There is no countrywide water system. Generally in most places on earth water supply is municipal or cover a relatively small region. Same in the DR. All depends on WHICH water you are talking about.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

No thanks, but thanks for the info. We will continue to consume bottled water here like the rest of the educated residents do.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
What a ridiculous discussion.
You don't drink tap water in DR.
End of discussion, simple.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
What a ridiculous discussion.
You don't drink tap water in DR.
End of discussion, simple.

Yeah...all tap water in the DR goes through the exact same system, right?
No need to worry about the specific details of each place.

It's the one country with a nationwide water supply system, right?.
All others have municipal or regional systems.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Yeah...all tap water in the DR goes through the exact same system, right?
No need to worry about the specific details of each place.

It's the one country with a nationwide water supply system, right?.
All others have municipal or regional systems.

No.

No.

I have yet to read anything about the outstanding water treatment plants throughout the DR.
Infact all I have ever read about water treatment plants in the DR is that only 35% of them are functional
and those are poorly maintained. Which is kind of why no one drinks tap water and the general public are warned against it.

Now I expect you will provide us with something other than this nonsense above if you wish to continue, if you can't then you have said all you have to offer and we can leave it at that.

It's been a while, I had forgot how silly it can be having a discussion with a Dominican:p

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
It's not an issue of the water not being treated well but that you don't know if it arrives to your home well. There are many escapes on the trajectory where waste water or other contamination a can enter the system. Not to mention cisternas, tinacos.

May 29, 2006
I'll get the cage and have bottles delivered twice a month until I build my own system.. humping 40 lb bottles 200 yards two to three times a week is a hassle, and the cage sounds cheaper and more convenient..

Time to close the thread, IMHO..

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let the thread one, it will fix itself or I will delete accounts, one of the other.

pauleast, back off or you are erased, yes that means everything.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Have we forgotten ECO-SERVE in Sosua?

Sanitize your tap water = $US2,000
use my name for a discount..........

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Let the thread one, it will fix itself or I will delete accounts, one of the other.

pauleast, back off or you are erased, yes that means everything.
?????
???????? I am confused. If you don't want my participation kindly cancel my account.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
once in santi and once in acapulco....ordered a water and no bill came with it....man was i sorry...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
What are the future charges for maintenance and power usage to purify your own water after the initial charge of $US 2,000

They inspect and clean the system every 3 months.
First year is in the price, $400/yr thereafter.

As for power.... a fluorescent bulb, UV type.
Minimal power drain, Windy

Many of us have this in Cabrera and environs..... and are happy, really happy.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
If you live in any older barrios of s.D. You are at risk. prior to 1950 all connections to the main line were made with lead as they had no manufactured type of connection. If you looked at the reconstruction of the Colonial Zone you could see them and they were not replaced. Maribel was only interested in how much money she could take from the project. Now the Hotel Francais does not need water it is no more!!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
5 gallon bottled water, good for cooking and drinking, is delivered "normally" from the local colmado to your house for 35 pesos.
With prices like this, why would anyone take even the slightest chance of using water for consumption supplied by any DR municipality.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you live in any older barrios of s.D. You are at risk. prior to 1950 all connections to the main line were made with lead as they had no manufactured type of connection. If you looked at the reconstruction of the Colonial Zone you could see them and they were not replaced. Maribel was only interested in how much money she could take from the project. Now the Hotel Francais does not need water it is no more!!

Quite a 'Flinty' problem , eh Stew ???
Bad water lines........

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Here we go again.

A simple conversation on WATER safety is quickly turned into an indictment of an entire country. The more things change..."A lawless society" with which strangely the poster appears to be voluntarily affiliated for years.

ooops...Something tells me *I* am at fault, for pointing out that a water thread shouldn't be turned into an insulting indictment of an entire country. My apologies.

Either you don't live here or very out of touch with the realities of the country, or part of the Pichardo team that likes the newbies to believe this is a normal developing country. I like to put things in a truer perspective so the new members are alerted to the realities of this country. What I said is the truth which has been validated by many of my Dominican middle class friends. It may sound ugly especially to one who has the Pro-DR agenda, but the lipstick wont pretty up this beast. When the people start becoming more accountable for their actions as well vote with their hearts and minds rather than 'what's in it for me" then maybe the 'lawless society" stigma has a chance for recovery. Until then we just need to be on guard to the realities of this country. If this hurts your ears no need to apologies just don't read it.