TV via satellite

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey Guy,

You're 100% correct, and nagra3 may never be cracked, but this is all via IKS, card sharing, which has been working great!! Its like we all share one extension cord...If your paying for your TV at all, check it out! The cost is only 45 bucks a Year for your code

Anthony

Actually, I thought that the new dishnetwork coding Nagra3 hasn't been reliably hacked since it was introduced. For network TV, I use a roku and subscribe to USTVNow. You all major network channels and all major cable channels over the internet. Quality and reliability is good.

I also have Claro satellite and the only channel worth watching is AXN.

Cheers!

Denlevi

Sep 14, 2013
Well, some here in the DR actually have Direct-TV and now they are including the NFL package from what I have seen on their TV Ads..But as for Dish, SATS 110/119 are the best for NFL right now..Still, not every game is shown, and when they don't show mine, I just stream it via justin tv, they always have all games broadcasted..BTW, have a small TV I can borrow..LOL...

I'm waiting on my girl's friend for hers, just moved again and need to set my Dish up, but need a TV since I don't have a Dish Meter...I'm kidding about borrowing your TV...Where are you located?? I posted a Dealer in Santo Domingo if you want to get prices etc..When you buy from them, installation is free or it was when I bought mine back in 2007, so ask if you call...Their info is on page one or so

Anthony

Thanks for your reply! My spouse and I are in the process of building a house in the Las Galeras area. In the mean time, we reside in SD. I have been on the phone with Directv, and they claim that they do not provide service to the DR. I'm not interested in a dish that brings me 1000 channels with nothing to watch. The only tv I watch is Fox News and NFL Football!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Go with Dish, see the info of one dealer that is in SD, call and see how much etc...They will also provide the code for you but may be more..mark up of course..I get around 825 channels between 2 SATS 110/119 which are the best for any person that wants USA TV...If you need to see your team play every week like me, then justin TV is of great use! Streams all games, and also has movies etc...If you need more info, PM and I will give you my number..

Anthony

Thanks for your reply! My spouse and I are in the process of building a house in the Las Galeras area. In the mean time, we reside in SD. I have been on the phone with Directv, and they claim that they do not provide service to the DR. I'm not interested in a dish that brings me 1000 channels with nothing to watch. The only tv I watch is Fox News and NFL Football!

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Is there a store that set this up in Santiago? After missing a Giants Vs. Cowboys. I was wondering if I can have better luck getting some of games through FTA channels?

Thanks,

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Is there a store that set this up in Santiago? After missing a Giants Vs. Cowboys. I was wondering if I can have better luck getting some of games through FTA channels?

Thanks,
Hey Koreano, I had mine installed recently by a local guy. He came in installed the dish and the box. Getting tons of channels..there are some periods of downtime mainly because the IKS server goes down; but not that often, maybe 3-4 hours a week of downtime. If your interested, send me a PM and Ill shoot you his info.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi Matilda,

Have you considered the other Sat like I have?? Its much cheaper, many more channels, a win win if you're a TV buff....Its only 45 bucks a Year for over 800 channels, can be more or less channels, depends how many Sats your wanting...However, with a 4.5 foot dish, you can only place about 6 LNBS on, maybe 8..but my God, too much TV..LOL...If you need help or want more info let me know..

Anthony

Your Sat TV sound great, however I am sure in some way or another your programming is being pirated from smewhere. I don't think most ex-pats will not take the plunge into something that relys on this type of arrangement.

LTSteve

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Your Sat TV sound great, however I am sure in some way or another your programming is being pirated from smewhere. I don't think most ex-pats will not take the plunge into something that relys on this type of arrangement.

LTSteve

Why is that?