Two Canadians being held in Jail in Higuey charged with assault? Wedding Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I find this kinda odd considering I thought the injured party had been taken to a Santo Domingo hospital??

"The men were ushered into a private room with the injured man and the judge. When they emerged, her crying husband said he'd been sentenced to jail for three months."

I noticed that too. There are so many inconsistencies with their version of the story that do not collaborate with eyewitness and police accounts.

May 5, 2007
so their defense lawyer should have the dress and it should be added to the evidences of the case.
there is no need on the prehearing, for the judge, to see all the stuff the defense plans to use in case a trial will start, the judge wants to see/read/hear the stuff from the prosecuting side to decide if there may be enough evidence to proof the guilt of the other party. according to the courtpapers there are testimonies who describe the two accused Men as the offenders, so that's for a judge enough to start the preventiveprison/investigational time frame of 3 months, so each side of the 2 parties can get all their stuff together to present that in court when the 3 months time is up on august 29th.
Evidence like the wedding dress has right away be presented to the investigating Police(that would have been 2 days prior, when the investigations started, right there at the hotel as best), so the police would such items mention in their report and they would be included in the papers.
i don't know how such evidence can be added later on, but there sure is a way to do so and their 2 Lawyers should know how such is done. that wedding dress def needs to go to forensics to proof who's blood is on it.

Mike

Does this mean there is likely to be a tropical storm next week?

bigjim93

Jun 11, 2013
so their defense lawyer should have the dress and it should be added to the evidences of the case.
there is no need on the prehearing, for the judge, to see all the stuff the defense plans to use in case a trial will start, the judge wants to see/read/hear the stuff from the prosecuting side to decide if there may be enough evidence to proof the guilt of the other party. according to the courtpapers there are testimonies who describe the two accused Men as the offenders, so that's for a judge enough to start the preventiveprison/investigational time frame of 3 months, so each side of the 2 parties can get all their stuff together to present that in court when the 3 months time is up on august 29th.
Evidence like the wedding dress has right away be presented to the investigating Police(that would have been 2 days prior, when the investigations started, right there at the hotel as best), so the police would such items mention in their report and they would be included in the papers.
i don't know how such evidence can be added later on, but there sure is a way to do so and their 2 Lawyers should know how such is done. that wedding dress def needs to go to forensics to proof who's blood is on it.
that would proof that the Bride was close enough to the Victim to get his blood on her dress, but without whitnesses who saw that she been attacked/pushed/pushed down by the Victim, it would loose powers, as the blood coulk also be on the dress 'cause she assisted with the mess up. a eyewhitness who saw her beeing pushed down by the Victim or anybody else in the fight would be important. with so many persons in that restauarnt i would await that there are more than just 2 or 3 eyewhitnesses of the whole thing, there had been a number of guests and employees at the place when it started and while the fight been on.

Mike

Yes some of articles said there was 30 to 40 people at the snackbar

May 5, 2007
Here is something very new

the authenic voice of the Bride...

who is a very traumatized woman

took a while to find it. only one entry

Dominican Nightmare

Good link, the bride is visibly upset, the two incarcerated men bloody and bruised, the other three witnesses willing to testify that Nick and Groom were attacked

Great job digging this up, it should be enough to free the two incarcerated men and provide compelling testimony to persevere in their lawsuit

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I find this kinda odd considering I thought the injured party had been taken to a Santo Domingo hospital??

"The men were ushered into a private room with the injured man and the judge. When they emerged, her crying husband said he'd been sentenced to jail for three months."

I know where the confusion with Hospiten Bavaro/Hospiten Santo Domngo comes from, i saw it in the #560 papers right away, it is typical here, they describe the Hospital by it's main address, which is Santo Domingo for the Hospiten Hospital Chain, but the Vcitim has not been in the Capital City, he was given assistance at the Hospiten hospital in Bavaro/Punta Cana, the mentioning of Santo Domingo is just a registered address thingy, has nothing to do with the location of the specific hospital where the Victim was.
i know it's very confusing for someone not used to such descriptions on DR papers.

Mike

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Here is something very new

the authenic voice of the Bride...

who is a very traumatized woman

took a while to find it. only one entry

Dominican Nightmare

MN, I am not moved at all by this. I have heard of cases where suspects cried like babies swearing their innocence. Being very believable up until DNA evidence came back pointing the finger at them. These criminals could have won an Oscar for outstanding performance.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
there is no way to do that.
they are accused here where they did the crime which they are accused to have done, so they will be processed here.
IF the DR court sets them free means they are found innocent and once found innocent here a Canadian court i don't think would have any substance to open a new case against them for the same crime a legal court of a souvereign democratic country found them innocent.

Mike
According to our Canadian Criminal Code, Canada does not have the territorial jurisdiction in this case.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Good link, the bride is visibly upset, the two incarcerated men bloody and bruised, the other three witnesses willing to testify that Nick and Groom were attacked

Great job digging this up, it should be enough to free the two incarcerated men and provide compelling testimony to persevere in their lawsuit

so she should have the testimonies of the 4 hurt women, she mentions. that would be something for the defense to work with. Rubio, did the defense enter any testimonies into the case or do they hold all back til the 3 months time frame is up?
that the story sounds different in each written version is sure no surprise anymore.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
DV8, how dare you! Don't you know this is the BigJim, Eltoro, Mt Annie and Mike Fisher show (Something like 90 out of past 100 posts by those four congratulating one another) you have interrupted? Though you have given their arms a break from patting themselves on the back for piling on and attacking a couple poor schmucks who are in jail, they are doing a great job of uncovering corruption and malfeasance within the Dominican government and Facebook.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread of quoting your own post and not having any idea of what is going on

would have been a big surprise to read something from you that is worth to be read, nothing new on that, postings as usual by you.

Mike

bigjim93

Jun 11, 2013

Islanddreaming are you serious right now?

Have you been following the same thread I have?

Great analytic skills you have. Should be enough to free them? You mean should be enough evidence to not only keep those two guys in jail but to charge the family for all there false statements and scamming innocent people donating money under false pretenses.

Lets start-

First the article was published June 4th. Right there what Stacey wrote goes to show that she knew what Nick/Ben were charged for, she knew money was involved (110k) and overall she knew what was going on.

So all the way up to June 13th phone interview where she says "Its a mystery why there in jail" is true? Common this article has just put more truth into all that families lies.

Lets see what else comes from this article.

".I remember clearly commenting to my husband about the woman, how she was walking crooked and could barely stand. I said 'this is my wedding night, I should be the one walking like this'. I commented on her trashy attire and we laughed at her ugly florecent yellow shoes. She looked like a tramp."

Clearly a great choice of words used by Stacey. What an awesome wedding if you want to be the bride "walking crooked and can barely stand" when there is much better things to do in a bedroom on your wedding night.

"The other man that he was fighting with took off all of a sudden ( we will call him woodbridge),"
"They would not let us leave the area, however woodbridge was able to take off again, in the sights of security."

Oh really?

First "woodbridge" was able to assault, run away, come back and run away again.

Then as Stacey said "woodbridge" was able to assualt then jump a resort fence to escape.

And now this June 4th article has her saying the guy able to leave when security was there.

COMMON STACEY WHAT ONE IS IT?

"We had four women crying, four women hurt and no one showed concern for us."

So 4 other woman hurt. Wheres there story? 1st I am hearing of this.

"Up until this moment we have been asked for 110,000.00 USD to have them released. We were told 1000.00 USD would do the trick. Nothing helped."

EXACTLY WHY YOU MADE A TRUST FUND SO FAST!!

"I saw my husband walkout of this room crying telling me he was done, they sentenced both of them to three months in jail......."

Again up to June 13th it was a mystery why they were in Jail.

"I will be stripped searched and yelled at by nasty dominican women, I wont know what they are saying all I can do is bow my head look down and wait for the moment when I can see him again....."

It is one thing to call the DR names but now Stacey wants to call Dominican women nasty? Nice choice of words Stacey.

Again this June 4th article just proves all the lies that this "nasty" Canadian so called family is telling the world.

GREAT FIND ANNIE :)

May 5, 2007
sure no discussion of anything with you, as it could not lead to anything of any value.
and even this answer was to much time spent with ya, so it was the last towards your senseless stuff.

Mike

When you can't sustain something you started, run and hide in a bottle of booze. You must be German

May 5, 2007
Mike, you clicked dislike on my recent posts, I'm so hurt I'm going to..no I'm going to, well I'm going to...oh well, another shrimp cocktail will ease the pain

bigjim93

Jun 11, 2013
No hockey night in Canada or poutine for these two...how sad !

Maybe no hockey :)

But Ontario poutine is no where near a "Real" Quebec poutine. Ontario poutine is a fraud (made in China) just like this families story.

They use mozzarella cheese, wrong gravy and golden fries.

Proper Quebec poutine involves curd cheese, dark greasy fries and a proper poutine gravy. I only found one place outside of Quebec that makes a proper poutine and that was in Davie Florida. Oh but the owners of the place are from Quebec I guess that's why it was authentic. :)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Maybe no hockey :)

But Ontario poutine is no where near a "Real" Quebec poutine. Ontario poutine is a fraud (made in China) just like this families story.

They use mozzarella cheese, wrong gravy and golden fries.

Proper Quebec poutine involves curd cheese, dark greasy fries and a proper poutine gravy. I only found one place outside of Quebec that makes a proper poutine and that was in Davie Florida. Oh but the owners of the place are from Quebec I guess that's why it was authentic. :)

And I thought the Quebecois lived in Hollywood....tabernac

bigjim93

Jun 11, 2013
And I thought the Quebecois lived in Hollywood....tabernac

Right on Mike, Davie is just next to Hollywood Florida where that authentic poutine shop is lol. Probably 5 minute drive but there is a few decent poutine places directly in Hollywood (maybe 3)

All of which still beat an Ontario poutine any day

Status
Not open for further replies.