two kittens looking for homes

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
My camera died last month and the one on my phone is horrible, so I won't be able to take pictures of all the mice they kill. But I will keep all posted on the antics. I informed the three-month old puppy here (named Polar Bear) about the kittens. He bit my finger, and since it didn't hurt, I'm guessing it is eager anticipation.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the kittens have been expedited. mother looks rather relieved, they've been hatching on her titties for comfort feeding as late as yesterday. she needs a martini now to celebrate ;) you, on the other hand, can celebrate with a bottle of extra viejo :)
i demand a picture, no matter how horrible. i will miss them so much.
thank you for taking them. they will be the highlight of your day, every day. and they deserve only the best after all the unhappiness they mama has been through.
another happy ending, thanks to dr1!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
kitten dealer (miesposo) delivered his stash of cute to the buyer :) all is well in kitten world!
keep calm and kitten on!

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
The rum is coming in very handy.

The kittens do NOT like my driving and were rather shaken by the time we got to the house. Being removed from a dark box by a strange man in unknown surroundings with a black lab staring them down was obviously not a pleasant experience. Leonel is obviously a racist, as he immediately scratched the black lab on the nose. He did not attack the curious Polar Bear puppy (all white), but the puppy was so terrified that he immediately took cover under the bed and stayed there for the remainder of the afternoon. I'm certain he will make a great guard dog one day, should anyone ever try to steal my bed.

The kittens spent the remainder of the day under the shelves in the front room. At dark, I retrieved them, petted them, and put them in the closet, where it was dark. They slept well.

This morning, they were moved to the bathroom and fed and given water and milk. I presumed that they would cower in fear when the one-eyed giant anaconda appeared, but they were not impressed. The bruise to my ego was eased by the rum.

They are playing with each other now and they are eating. They love to be held and petted.

After a couple of days, they will get to meet the oldest dog, Callista, who is a border collie and has lived with cats and is totally indifferent towards them.

So far, the only regret is that I didn't get to spend any time talking to your husband when we met, but I knew he had to be somewhere and I didn't want the kittens to spend any time in the car unattended.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am so glad you are progressing with your animal family :) the kittens have been held since their birth so they really love to be petted and held, this is all they know. keep on hugging them and they will love you forever. danilo purrs when you pet him too!

yes, miesposo had to rush to the consulate but he did report you seemed like a perfect candidate as a main worshiper and food supplier to leonel and danilo :)

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Just had a friend come by, and he asked to use the bathroom. I warned him about not letting the cats loose. Since he used the bathroom, the cats have not come out of hiding.

Tomorrow, I'm asking my friend about his "anaconda".

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Cats rule, dogs drool.

The cats have now taken over the rear half of the house while the dogs are allowed to live in the front half.

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
Loving the happy ending and updates...dv8 you did a great job....cant wait to hear another episode from p270:bunny:
AND IF any dr1 members are wishing they had kittens too.....we have 4 rescue babies to home....guaranteed to keep your home mouse free:eek:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha, keep on updating us on the antics of dominican feline presidents :) have you noticed how the boys respond to their names? at home they used to run to me at high speed when called because there was always some ham involved, i hope they still do.

i am so happy they went to a new house together.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I've been up since 4am, because kittens think that toes are cute toys. Wouldn't have been so bad, but once I yelled, the dogs came running, which caused kittens to jump and hide behind me, which caused dogs to search for them, which meant lots of jumping over and on me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think they inherited this trait from their mother. she sneaks up on as at night when all the food is gone and the bowl needs immediate attention of two-legged authorities. then she bites selected body part that dares to hide under the cover. she bites hard, i mean it. teeth all the way in, like a shark.

so happy the kittens are well. keep up posted with more updates. kittens are always good and their antics can brighten the worst day.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Daniel has learned that human butts are not to be used to sharpen his claws, especially at 2am. At least, I hope he learned that. I certainly yelled loud enough to frighten him.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
he did the same at home so i guess lesson was not learnt ;)

i am glad you are enjoying each other's company. how are the dogs taking the kitten invasion? friends yet?

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Daniel and Polar Bear Puppy napped together yesterday. They enjoy chasing each other in the garden. Leonel is not a dog lover. The other dogs ignore the kittens except for when Daniel pounces on their tails while they are sleeping. They have taken to sleeping with their tails tucked in under their legs.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
leonel was always a kitten of leisure and danilo a kitten of mischief. they compliment each other well. what breed is polar bear puppy?

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Polar Bear Puppy is half Dominican hybrid and half whatever mutt impregnated his otherwise well-educated mother. As a young puppy, he looked like a polar bear, hence the name. He was born on May 4th in the afternoon ON MY BED!!!!! He's a cool dog and today he helped the kittens track down and kill a butterfly that was lurking suspiciously in the garden. The three of them make quite a team, if you happen to be plagued with an invasion of yellow butterflies.

I actually ended up being late for an appointment because I wanted to see how the butterfly hunt went.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the kitten could not have found a better home. a you could not have come across better kittens for you ;)
this is a match made in heaven!