Two-time Olympic gold medallist Felix Sánchez to wed Pan Am gold medallist Maria Dimitrova

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Felix-Sanchez-y-Maria-Dimitrova-Instagram.png

Listín Diario broke the news after the couple posted on Instagram. “The champions have fallen in love!” Dominican-American Félix Sánchez and Dominican-Bulgarian María Dimitrova are engaged.

Sánchez is always remembered for all the emotion that came with his winning his second Olympic gold medal in London 2012. The SuperSanchez writes: “2020 in spite of everything gave me something good. A pure and real love. My best moments this year have been by your side @dimitrovakarate never expected and from nothing. You came into my life and I would never be the same man.”

“You arrived, and from that day on I am not waiting for anyone else. Thank you for loving me, respecting me, valuing me and for showing me every day how lucky I am to have such a wonderful man like you by my side,” Dimitrova writes.

Dimitrova has lived most of her life in the Dominican Republic. Her...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Congratulations and good luck !

I remember at the London Olympics in 2012 when he won the 400m hurdles ....we had walked all the way from cloudy Stratford station to the stadium to see the event ....and when he won? ...priceless ...! Proud day for the Dominicans ( and Americans) in our group.

We still have a poster of him with the Dominican flag ....next to Colin Jackson’s poster ...long story.