" = inches
' = feet

6 Ft 6 inches reads -- 6'6"

how do the French do it ??

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Sorry about your cat :(

I cannot, for the life of me, determine what 6'' represents...... so just out of curiosity, how did you determine it was a firearm/bullet wound ?
When Sonny died, the vet shaved the area around the wound. It was round and clean like a gunshot wound. If you've seen a gunshot entry wound, you'd know what I mean. Between the gunpowder charge and air friction slugs are hot, bullets hotter than a pellet ot BB gun, but even those are hot. Often the skin of entry wounds can be somewhat cauterised from the heat.

He took some short hemostats and probed for a slug, following the wound path. His hemostats could not go beyond at 5-6" unless he changed to a longer instrument.

The slug entered below and to the left of his neck and went longitudinally through his body. Obviously he was facing his attacker on four legs.

We asked for an autopsy the next morning and haven't heard the results yet.

We have no intention to do any investigation or begin making accusations with zero evidence. That said, the government animal cruelty department is taking special interest in this case because of phone calls from friends. They are the one who wanted the autopsy and if possible the slug. We will stay out of it as best as possible.

We had Marco for 7 years before he disappeared a month ago. We had Sonny for a little over a year. He was a beautiful and friendly cat that just arrived at Camp Moto one day as a tiny kitten. He had won the homeless kitten lottery:

Sonny.jpg

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Turns out his body was disposed of before an autopsy could be performed.

We will never know.