U.S. bill requires air travelers to be vaccinated against Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
I had my first Pfizer shot at Multiplaza in La Romana about 6 weeks ago and they wrote the date and pfizer on the back of my existing card and told me there that I would have a new card after my second Pfizer shot I think I will go on Wednesday or Thursday .. They are extremely helpful people there .I assume that you speak spanish.
Wait - are you saying it's official Dominican policy that a fourth shot of a vaccine (2 Sinovac + 2 Pfizer) is now offered for those who want it? Because I got my first Pfizer jab last week, third overall, and no one said anything about getting a second one - nor do I know of any pronouncements by the government to that effect. I did get a second card though.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Wait - are you saying it's official Dominican policy that a fourth shot of a vaccine (2 Sinovac + 2 Pfizer) is now offered for those who want it? Because I got my first Pfizer jab last week, third overall, and no one said anything about getting a second one - nor do I know of any pronouncements by the government to that effect. I did get a second card though.
This is precisely what I want to know, before taking my decision for a 3rd (& 4th) dose...

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I wonder if the Anthrax vaccine I got decades ago is making me crazy or if its my new covid vaccine I got six months ago. Either way I care not if anyone else gets the shot or not. Who cares!

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I will write again after I attend the vaccination centre for my fourth dose as I have no idea whether I was singled out maybe because of my age or if it is a general policy that everyone should have two doses of non Sinovac vaccine.. I feel moderately sure that if I said that I needed it for traveling to a country that does not recognise Sinovac then I would be given it . I have found everyone associated with the vaccination rollout to be very helpful.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I will write again after I attend the vaccination centre for my fourth dose as I have no idea whether I was singled out maybe because of my age or if it is a general policy that everyone should have two doses of non Sinovac vaccine.. I feel moderately sure that if I said that I needed it for traveling to a country that does not recognise Sinovac then I would be given it . I have found everyone associated with the vaccination rollout to be very helpful.
Thank you let us know how goes the 4th shot? May be in the Vaccination thread.

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
The US just approved booster shots for everyone - interesting:

When a 3rd booster dose of Pfizer is needed, it's "because of the variants".

When a 3rd booster dose of Sinovac is needed, it's "because the vaccines have poor efficacy".

Meanwhile, the one thing known with certainty is that all vaccines prevent most hospitalizations and deaths.

U.S. to Advise Boosters for Most Americans 8 Months After Vaccination

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

When a 3rd booster dose of Sinovac is needed, it's "because the vaccines have poor efficacy".

Meanwhile, the one thing known with certainty is that all vaccines prevent most hospitalizations and deaths.

The Dominican Republic has rolled out the booster shots well before the US. Again showing that the DR is on top of the heap when dealing with Covid...................

Jan 9, 2004

Approved for everyone?

A booster shot was not being highly touted at this time........................but yes along game Delta.

I agree. Long before Delta emerged, countries recognized just how poor Si No Vac was at stopping Covid and either stopped, or will stop using it. A tacit admission of its ineffectiveness perhaps........well before Delta. And those countries then pivoted to other vaccines............the DR being a prime example.

And since some here are quick to point out that we should follow the science and the advice of experts etc., the CDC does NOT currently recommend mixing the various vaccines. Yet you have people lining up to get #3 and #4 of whatever is available.

Also, as it relates to Si No Vac, even the upper echelons of the Chinese Ruling Party did not get/take Si No Vac.

The only thing known with "certainty" regarding the vaccines is that no one can be certain of anything. That has been proven over and over.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: porkman100

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just a clarification on the ban of US Politics please. Are links to US politicians permitted? Just would like to know for future postings.

Jan 9, 2004
DR1 "Experts" have awakened...................................And a link to Rick Scott is US POLITICS that is BANNED.....................
And your OP link about a Congressman introducing his Bill should not be banned?

Too funny.

Your Political link is ok.........but mine is not lol.

My reply in post #2 still stands;

"If allowed, as it may involve banned political discussions, it belongs in the Vaccine Passport thread."

Pull up your pants............your real agenda is showing again.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My agenda is simple. It is to show how the Dominican Republic has been one of the World leaders in the response to Covid-19. Yours seems to be the opposite....................

Reactions: Kipling333

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Just a clarification on the ban of US Politics please. Are links to US politicians permitted? Just would like to know for future postings.
No.

Reactions: SKY

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm sure the Mods will decide on a case by case basis. Probably better to err on the side of caution.

Reactions: aarhus
Jan 9, 2004
I'm sure the Mods will decide on a case by case basis. Probably better to err on the side of caution.
Ok then.

Here is the exact same thing, except contra, to the OP. A press release picked up by a media outlet.

Either both should stand or neither (if you want to err on the side of caution)...........and that was my question in post #2.

Picking a side (case by case basis) is contra to what Carlos posted recently.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is the US actually going to require all passengers to be vaccinated , or will the current bill fail to be passed and not signed into law?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
But a link/press release FROM a US politician (OP), picked up by a news media outlet is acceptable?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Politics is politics when coming from a Politician regardless where you get it from.........................

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Politics is politics when coming from a Politician regardless where you get it from.........................

enough already!

You posted about a proposed bill by a US politician and he countered with a link from another US politician proposing an opposite bill.

Let JD do his job ( a good one I may add) and determine what stays.

You guys are pressing your luck and it’s only a matter of time before he brings out that double edged Ax I gave him and start chopping heads.

Start behaving like the women on this forum who never get into these childish back and forths.

Status
Not open for further replies.