U.S. Consulate: No more travelling on expired passports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I got a message on Instagram today from the Consulate. Apparently in the past you could travel to the U.S. with an expired passport.

Starting 1 July, you will no longer be able to do so.

Check those passports!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I got a message on Instagram today from the Consulate. Apparently in the past you could travel to the U.S. with an expired passport.

Starting 1 July, you will no longer be able to do so.

Check those passports!
So even though having an expired passport PROVES that you are a US citizen you cannot enter the US? Free Country or Police State?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Rules - SKY - Rules.... follow the rules and life is a breeze.....
That is what your comrades used to say in the Soviet Union. For me, I like it right here in the DR where rules are made to be broken......................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

U.S. citizens currently overseas whose passports expired on or after January 1, 2020, may be able to use their expired U.S. passport for direct return travel to the United States until December 31, 2021
The US Consulate seems to be running on Dominican Time for this one.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That is what your comrades used to say in the Soviet Union. For me, I like it right here in the DR where rules are made to be broken......................
I tried to leave the DR a couple of weeks ago using my DR passport. They would not let me use it to board an American Airlines flight from POP to MIA.
Rules was rules in that case.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
This is what I got on IG:

embassy.jpg

Reactions: MerengueDutchie

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I tried to leave the DR a couple of weeks ago using my DR passport. They would not let me use it to board an American Airlines flight from POP to MIA.
Rules was rules in that case.
Of course you could not use it. The US would not let you enter with it without a Visa. Blame the US not the DR..........

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Your the best sky ... I agree with you

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Of course you could not use it. The US would not let you enter with it without a Visa. Blame the US not the DR..........
I was leaving the DR, when I got off the plane at MIA I absolutely would have to use my US passport when clearing USA immigration.
DR Migracion just took my US passport and scanned it after I redid the E-Ticket. And yes they did say it was because my DR passport had no US Visa.
Rules is rules. I didn't blame anyone, by the way.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So even though having an expired passport PROVES that you are a US citizen you cannot enter the US? Free Country or Police State?
Police State.
Current group of Muppets running the country is suicidal. I would love to see the backlash they would receive if there were ever a case of an American being denied re-entry due to an expired passport.

Reactions: SKY

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Police State.
Current group of Muppets running the country is suicidal. I would love to see the backlash they would receive if there were ever a case of an American being denied re-entry due to an expired passport.
Surely that has already happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.