U.S. Consulate: No more travelling on expired passports

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Surely that has already happened?
I doubt that. If an airline let someone fly with an expired passport and they arrive in the US do you really think they could actually send that person back? One call to a lawyer and the game is over.................

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That is what your comrades used to say in the Soviet Union. For me, I like it right here in the DR where rules are made to be broken......................
Unless it's the vaccine mandates?
You are such a rebel

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I was leaving the DR, when I got off the plane at MIA I absolutely would have to use my US passport when clearing USA immigration.
DR Migracion just took my US passport and scanned it after I redid the E-Ticket. And yes they did say it was because my DR passport had no US Visa.
Rules is rules. I didn't blame anyone, by the way.
I have Global Entry. Just entered the US last week. I scanned my passport in the machine it did facial recognition printed a receipt and I handed to the CBP person on the way out.
I imagine if the passport was expired then it would not have printed a receipt

• Love
Reactions: JD Jones

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have Global Entry. Just entered the US last week. I scanned my passport in the machine it did facial recognition printed a receipt and I handed to the CBP person on the way out.
I imagine if the passport was expired then it would not have printed a receipt
In that instance you would be sent to an Immigration booth. But I doubt very much they could send you back knowing you are an American Citizen. Just the US administration doing what they do best. Ruining American lives............

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I doubt that. If an airline let someone fly with an expired passport and they arrive in the US do you really think they could actually send that person back? One call to a lawyer and the game is over.................
You think nobody in the world has been denied boarding a plane to the USA because they have an expired passport and cannot travel with it?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In that instance you would be sent to an Immigration booth. But I doubt very much they could send you back knowing you are an American Citizen. Just the US administration doing what they do best. Ruining American lives............
Nobody would be sent back anywhere on a plane. An American with an expired passport would not be allowed to board a plane to the USA until they had a new valid passport. That is the point of this thread. It seems you have missed that detail.

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
I was leaving the DR, when I got off the plane at MIA I absolutely would have to use my US passport when clearing USA immigration.
DR Migracion just took my US passport and scanned it after I redid the E-Ticket. And yes they did say it was because my DR passport had no US Visa.
Rules is rules. I didn't blame anyone, by the way.
So which passport do you enter in eticket for entry and which for exit? I am concerned when not using Dominican at exit time they will want the fine for over stay.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So which passport do you enter in eticket for entry and which for exit? I am concerned when not using Dominican at exit time they will want the fine for over stay.
You must fill out the E Ticket with the passport you are checking in with the airline and actually traveling with. I check in to the US with my US passport so I use that for the E Ticket. Going to the DR you can fill out the E Ticket with your Dominican passport, as you can check in with the airline with it. Or you can use your US one. But the E Ticket has to be filled out with the one you will be checking in to the airline with.

As for the overstay situation you only have to show your Dominican passport to the Migracion booth to avoid any overstay fine when leaving the DR. Do not use the machine, go to the booth designated for Dominicans when leaving the DR. Hope this helps.................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why is this a topic? just make sure your passport is not expired. duh
It is a topic because in the past you could fly back to the USA on your expired USA passport.
That changed, albeit a while back, but some people who didn't travel during peak Wuhan Flu might have let their passports expire,
and were not aware of this change. It is a bad change, but nevertheless rules is rules.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
It is a topic because in the past you could fly back to the USA on your expired USA passport.
That changed, albeit a while back, but some people who didn't travel during peak Wuhan Flu might have let their passports expire,
and were not aware of this change. It is a bad change, but nevertheless rules is rules.
Mr Windy . thank you for your input.

Reactions: windeguy

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
And that seems to be on steroids lately.
Not just to humans - ban on taken dog in & out now too.

Reactions: CristoRey
Status
Not open for further replies.