Rollout

Look up web site dominicans to the usa.
It has all the info you will need.
Glad it worked out for you.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Jafo,
thanx; I went to the site, but the info I'm seeking doesn't make it much clearer for me. anyhow, I started a thread. Hope that'll give me some answers.

junior8338

Mar 28, 2012
k-1 visa

Requirements for an F or M Student Visa

All applicants for an F or M student visa must provide:

? Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students or Form I-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students
? A completed application, Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant, Form DS-156, together with a Form DS-158. Both forms must be completed and signed. Some applicants will also be required to complete and sign Form DS-157. A separate form is needed for children, even if they are included in a parent's passport.

? An interview at the embassy consular section is required for almost all visa applicants.
? A passport valid for at least six months after your proposed date of entry into the United States
? One (1) 2x2 photograph
? A receipt to show payment of the visa application fee, a visa issuance fee if applicable and a separate SEVIS I-901 fee receipt. While all F visa applicants must pay the visa application (MRV) fee, including dependents, only the F-1 principal applicants must pay the SEVIS fee.
Because each student's personal and academic situation is different, two students applying for the same visa may be asked different questions and be required to submit different documents. For that reason, the guidelines that follow are general and can be changed by consular officers overseas, depending on each student?s situation.

All applicants should be prepared to provide:

? Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions attended
? Scores from standardized tests required by the educational institution such as the TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.
? Financial evidence that shows that the student or sponsoring parents have sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses during the period of intended study. For example, if the student or sponsor is a salaried employee, please bring income tax documents and original bank books and/or statements. If the student or sponsor owns a business, please bring business registration, licenses, etc., and tax documents, as well as original bank books and/or statements.

Applicants with dependents must also provide:

? Proof of the student?s relationship to his/her spouse and/or children (e.g., marriage and birth certificates.)
? It is preferred that families apply for F-1 and F-2 visas at the same time, but if the spouse and children must apply separately, they should bring a copy of the student visa holder?s passport and visa, along with all other required documents.

HELLO i want to get some info about the k-1 visa for my girl i just got an approval letter yesterday..does anyone how long have to wait now to get the package or is their a way i could speed up the process and what are the requirement will they be asking me to send it once they said me the package...

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
You seem to be confused.

In one post you state that you married in the DR awhile back.

Now your asking about a K1 visa.

You should really direct your questions to the web site suggested.
I'm positive they can clear up your problems.
Best of luck.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
Junior 8388.

I posted a reply disregard thought it was someone else s.

I see you also posted else where .
Look at the web site referred too.

Also most forms are downloadable,and fill able on line.
You should have no problem doing them your self.

There is no need to wait on the package to start.

Good luck.

junior8338

Mar 28, 2012
Junior 8388.

I posted a reply disregard thought it was someone else s.

I see you also posted else where .

Good luck.

what form what i need to fill out because i hear every package is different..i already got an approval letter

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
You seem to be confused.

dominicanstousa.com

Best of luck.

Good luck.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You seem to be confused.

Dominican Immigration - Dominicans to the USA - Index

Best of luck.

Good luck.

I fixed the link so he can just click on it

phxbrian

Nov 8, 2012
Need Help ? I found the best

I was stuck in the process of getting my girlfriend 129-f visa and needed help. Not knowing anyone I turned to the forums for help and found an attorney named Maria Hernandez maria@mclaw.org. She was the most competent and helpful person I have come across in this process. Because of her help I now have the visas and right after I send this email I will be buying airline tickets. Thank you so much Maria

Phoenix Brian

L

louisill

Yes Criss, change is a daily occurrence. Time stands still for no one.

Attorney Maria De La Luz Hernandez's email changed roughly two weeks ago when Malcolm Cisneros' Immigration Department closed on 5/31/14.

We had been working with Attorney Hernandez prior to the Malcolm Cisneros' Immigration Department closure, and was attempting to see if anyone reading the forum could provide assistance after Malcolm Cisneros was not able to help.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Is there such a thing as a short term tourist visa from Dominican Republic to the United States? Is it true that Dominicans applying for a visa have to demonstrate collateral to ensure returning. IE Children, Property, at least 5K in a DR bank account, Car etc? What is the usual lawyer fee for assistance in the application?

MrTee12

Apr 4, 2010
Is there such a thing as a short term tourist visa from Dominican Republic to the United States? Is it true that Dominicans applying for a visa have to demonstrate collateral to ensure returning. IE Children, Property, at least 5K in a DR bank account, Car etc? What is the usual lawyer fee for assistance in the application?

Here are the types of visas offered.

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/niv-types_of_travel-e.html

Hiring a lawyer is up to you. It really comes down to have very strong ties to Dom Rep. The biggest fear for the U.S. are people overstaying visas in an effort to live there permanently.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm going to close this thread because the OP hasn't been around for years but I will leave this as a sticky for the info that had been posted.

If you have a visa question please feel free to start a new thread.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.