Uber at Punta Cana Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Last year I was told that they were not and that you would put your life into your hands if you hailed a uber at the airport.
Is it different now?

Reactions: Drpatron

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Our guy drops us off and picks us up. He has no markings on his car and we greet like old friends. We prearrange when we need him.
They don’t hang around looking for fares as the taxi guys can get pretty violent towards the Uber drivers.
Hopefully they are learning to coexist now that it's busy again.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Taxi mafia definitely doesn’t like them but they are operating.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
ken your girl is from the punta cana area?
well She works in PC but lives in Romana. Most of her time though is spent living with her cousin in Veron because it is closer to work. She rents a house in Romana though for 7000 pesos per month... I don't know if that is considered to be expensive rent. If I visited her I would stay around Romana

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
well She works in PC but lives in Romana. Most of her time though is spent living with her cousin in Veron because it is closer to work. She rents a house in Romana though for 7000 pesos per month... I don't know if that is considered to be expensive rent. If I visited her I would stay around Romana

Just an fyi, we pay 30k pesos/months for a 3 bedroom house in Boca Chica. 7k pesos will not get you anything close to an American style home.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Just an fyi, we pay 30k pesos/months for a 3 bedroom house in Boca Chica. 7k pesos will not get you anything close to an American style home.
Thank you for your reply... I understand what you say. Her house is small and from what I understand not in a good area- Villa verde.
Does your casa have A/C

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Our guy drops us off and picks us up. He has no markings on his car and we greet like old friends. We prearrange when we need him.
They don’t hang around looking for fares as the taxi guys can get pretty violent towards the Uber drivers.
Hopefully they are learning to coexist now that it's busy again.
Hi, Do you happen to have a contact for him. Does his car have A/C And would you know how much he charges to go from the airport to Romana

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Thank you for your reply... I understand what you say. Her house is small and from what I understand not in a good area- Villa verde.
Does your casa have A/C
No AC. I'm a cheap bastard and wouldn't use it if we had it. We have 5 ceiling fans plus 3 stand up fans. We also have tons of bamboo on the outside perimeter which blocks a lot of the sun.

September 1 electric bill was the highest ever at 1300 peso.

• Wow
Reactions: AlaPlaya

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ken, you are asking about UBER out of Punta Cana. Let's please keep comments on topic.

• Love
Reactions: MariaRubia

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Hi, Do you happen to have a contact for him. Does his car have A/C And would you know how much he charges to go from the airport to Romana

I will look for his number and send you a PM once I find it. Car has AC and he speaks really good English.

Status
Not open for further replies.