Uber is making it easier to find your ride at the airport

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Before the usual "what does this have to do with the DR" I will tell you. There is a list of airports frequently used by people coming from the DR. Like ALL NY airports, Miami, etc.

In addition to helping riders and drivers find each other at the right place, the update also aims to reduce traffic congestion and idle time for drivers at the curb. Some of the US airports where this feature will be available include all three of New York City’s main airports (John F. Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark Liberty), as well as Los Angeles International Airport, San Francisco International Airport, Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and Miami International Airport

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
How does UBER stay in business - they have never made a profit in a year.
Funny how companies that loose billions each year keep going. Uber lost $8.5 billion in 2019, $6.8 billion in 2020, $774 million in 2021. The only profit they have made is in only one quarter they made $8 million, but again year 2022 looks to be a loser.

Seems to me a company that has been in business and lost hugely for 12 years straight should think about closing shop ?

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What I can't figure out is how do they lose money. They don't pay for cars, gas, even the salary of the driver is coming from the client........................

Reactions: AlaPlaya

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
What I can't figure out is how do they lose money. They don't pay for cars, gas, even the salary of the driver is coming from the client........................
Creative accounting. Really creative accounting.

Reactions: windeguy

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
But look here I found in their annual reports of 2022:

Screenshot 2023-03-23 205905.png

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
How does UBER stay in business - they have never made a profit in a year.
Funny how companies that loose billions each year keep going. Uber lost $8.5 billion in 2019, $6.8 billion in 2020, $774 million in 2021. The only profit they have made is in only one quarter they made $8 million, but again year 2022 looks to be a loser.

Seems to me a company that has been in business and lost hugely for 12 years straight should think about closing shop ?
Maybe the question is who owns Uber , and are they using it as a Tax Shelter .. ? and they have very deep Pockets .

Not a tax Expert , but I also recall AMAZONS' Besos telling the IRS to their FACE , "I am NOT paying you ANY Taxes for the next 10 Years " , and he did exactly that ,. ( give or take , not going to google it , going by Memory) ..
But she shoved it right up their A Holes ... and look at Amazon now . Not Paying taxes ,and Losing Money every year, was the only way to grow the business to its Epic Size .
Maybe UBER is also RE INVESTING ALL their gross Profits BACK into the business to Expand GLOBALLY and Destroy all the Competition ..
Its the only Logical reason why they would continue to " Lose " money each year , and not care .
After all they take a Sweet 20% right off the top, and essentially they dont own ANY Cars, nor do they do Maintenance, they merely DO the Books for their Independent Drivers .
If I got that wrong , please anyone, feel free to correct me .

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
they Lose money on PURPOSE