Uber?

Hamster

Feb 16, 2023
Guayacanes
As I've mentioned, I'll be moving to Guayacanes in the fall. Getting around is a concern for me as we will not have a vehicle. Last time I was down there I did a test with Uber and put in for a ride from my location to Ciudad Colonial in the Capital and the fare quoted was ridiculously inexpensive given the cost of fuel (around 800DP). Is Uber that inexpensive, is it the best way to get around? I'll also be having to take trips to San Pedro with multiple stops and waiting time...one Uber driver for that? Those "Tourism Taxis" out of Juan Dolio are quick to accommodate but are a rip-off.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I doubt that you will find a UBER in Guayacanes/Juan Dolio. If you do keep his contact so you can call direct when needed.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
You should be able to find a taxi there. They're all over. As XTraveller says above, once you find a reliable one, just keep his number. He will be happy to have you as a repeat customer.

I live in Boca Chica and never have a problem with Uber coming here. But I can't say anything about Guayacanes.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
As I've mentioned, I'll be moving to Guayacanes in the fall. Getting around is a concern for me as we will not have a vehicle. Last time I was down there I did a test with Uber and put in for a ride from my location to Ciudad Colonial in the Capital and the fare quoted was ridiculously inexpensive given the cost of fuel (around 800DP). Is Uber that inexpensive, is it the best way to get around? I'll also be having to take trips to San Pedro with multiple stops and waiting time...one Uber driver for that? Those "Tourism Taxis" out of Juan Dolio are quick to accommodate but are a rip-off.
How long ago was "last time"? You may find they're a lot more expensive now than they were before.