UK hopefully will remove DR off the red list

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 10.38.52.png

Taken from Daily Telegraph website. This could as early as 1st Oct. Let's keep our fingers crossed

Reactions: Kipling333 and tee

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yes , although it seems the vast majority here are Americans or Canadians and are able to return home for a break , those of us who are from Britain or Australia or New Zealand have not been able to, so I have my fingers crossed. However , I think commercial reasons will be the determining factor and nothing much else.

Reactions: slowmo

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Off topic, I know...
My options are limited.
Gateway error not allowing me to enter.
There is another thread on this topic but I cannot enter there.
Who else has the same issue?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yes , although it seems the vast majority here are Americans or Canadians and are able to return home for a break , those of us who are from Britain or Australia or New Zealand have not been able to, so I have my fingers crossed. However , I think commercial reasons will be the determining factor and nothing much else.
It sure seems like Canadians are not coming in anywhere near the numbers like before.
Will the cold weather starting in November change that or will Canada's severe Covid requirements continue to depress Canadian tourism ?
We should know in a few months

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
It sure seems like Canadians are not coming in anywhere near the numbers like before.
Will the cold weather starting in November change that or will Canada's severe Covid requirements continue to depress Canadian tourism ?
We should know in a few months

Large group of us heading down on the same Westjet flight early November. Some for a few weeks, others for six to eight months. The exodus is starting.

Our weather service is predicting an early and much colder winter for Ontario. Another mental motivator to get our frozen posteriors to warmer climes Chico. Surprised flight rates are still low for November. Creeps up as Xmas and New Years approaches but that’s normal.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
One of the biggest lies politicians have been telling us is that their covid rules are based on science. Last year my Canadian government grounded flights to the Caribbean but not to Brazil, all based on science.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
EcoMan....

I hope WestJet keeps its promise and flies..... good luck, fingers crossed!!!!
Thanks Bill. If they don’t I have a kayak and I’ll paddle down. I’ll swing by Bermuda and pick up a few bottles of overproof rum for you. 😂😎🌴

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
One of the biggest lies politicians have been telling us is that their covid rules are based on science. Last year my Canadian government grounded flights to the Caribbean but not to Brazil, all based on science.
Way to take a thread off topic!

Reactions: JD Jones

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

I was just thinking the same thing. The thread is supposed to be about the UK travel restrictions and it's morphed into a discussion about Westjet and Canadians.

Still no definitive answer from the UK as to whether DR will remain on the red list. They are saying it will be tomorrow that a major announcement is made.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Sorry to have offended you and others. I now realize that even though it was about the rules that nutty politicians make in one country, there could be no way that anything of the sort could happen in another country. It was clearly off topic and I will do my absolute best going forward in the future to be a better poster.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Thanks Bill. If they don’t I have a kayak and I’ll paddle down. I’ll swing by Bermuda and pick up a few bottles of over proof rum for you. 😂😎🌴
You will need to have a pre authorization online w/ a negative PCR test, as well a vaccination certificate within 72 hours prior to landing here. It maybe cheaper for me to Fed Ex the bottle to W.W. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ecoman1949
Status
Not open for further replies.