UK scraps red list as of Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Why not just lock them all up and throw away the key?
That's basically what their doing with the children in the public school system here.
How much longer will it be before we start seeing more prisons being constructed than public education facilities?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
UK may have scrapped the red list but there are still some aspects that would prevent UK residents in the DR travelling to UK even if fully vaccinated .
There seem to be three factors that would stop UK Citizens resident in the Dominican Republic from travelling to UK. 1) Approved vaccine . 2) Country approved Vaccination Status ; 3) the Vaccination Card we have here does not have the required information on it to be accepted in the UK. Details on this Web Site : https://www.gov.uk/.../countries-with-approved-covid-19...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Great!
This will push the DR to seek tourists from other non traditional spots, instead of relying on an unreliable partner like the UK.

Think that we had record visitors-compared to last normal year-for a given month without UK tourists!

Russian tourists are picking up rapidly as well.
It’s time for a diversified touristy map feeding the DR industry.

Next on the list is China. Which is a huge market to exploit.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
UK may have scrapped the red list but there are still some aspects that would prevent UK residents in the DR travelling to UK even if fully vaccinated .
There seem to be three factors that would stop UK Citizens resident in the Dominican Republic from travelling to UK. 1) Approved vaccine . 2) Country approved Vaccination Status ; 3) the Vaccination Card we have here does not have the required information on it to be accepted in the UK. Details on this Web Site : https://www.gov.uk/.../countries-with-approved-covid-19...
I believe that page was the same before the end of the "red list". I hope it will be updated to allow the DR and DR vax certificates now. If they don't approve the Sinovac (which I believe is approved in the EU - another "benefit" of leaving), I suppose UK visitors will have to have 2 Pfizers in addition if they already have 2 Sinovacs. That's what many Canadians I know have had to do.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I believe that page was the same before the end of the "red list". I hope it will be updated to allow the DR and DR vax certificates now. If they don't approve the Sinovac (which I believe is approved in the EU - another "benefit" of leaving), I suppose UK visitors will have to have 2 Pfizers in addition if they already have 2 Sinovacs. That's what many Canadians I know have had to do.
I have now had four vaccines as I need to travel to Europe soon and as yet Sinovac isn't considered an approved vaccine. I had the Pfizer booster in Sosua which incidentally made me feel a bit sick and gave me a very sore arm for almost a week.

I had my second Pfizer on Friday, but I had to go the public health centre in POP (behind the fire station) because the fourth vaccine needs to be approved by the resident doctor. No after effects at all from this one.

So now I'm fully vaccinated in the eyes of Europe but the UK, but the UK won't recognise my vaccination card. Uff!

• Sad
Reactions: Linda Stapleton

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I have now had four vaccines as I need to travel to Europe soon and as yet Sinovac isn't considered an approved vaccine. I had the Pfizer booster in Sosua which incidentally made me feel a bit sick and gave me a very sore arm for almost a week.

I had my second Pfizer on Friday, but I had to go the public health centre in POP (behind the fire station) because the fourth vaccine needs to be approved by the resident doctor. No after effects at all from this one.

So now I'm fully vaccinated in the eyes of Europe but the UK, but the UK won't recognise my vaccination card. Uff!
So how do we Ex-Pats get back into the UK even if fully vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine? I would welcome any advice you could give me.

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
So how do we Ex-Pats get back into the UK even if fully vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine? I would welcome any advice you could give me.
You need to take more Covid-19 tests and quarantine at home or where you are staying for 10 days. www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae

There is also the Test to Realease scheme if you want to quarantine for less time. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-test-to-release-for-international-travel

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Great!
This will push the DR to seek tourists from other non traditional spots, instead of relying on an unreliable partner like the UK.

Think that we had record visitors-compared to last normal year-for a given month without UK tourists!

Russian tourists are picking up rapidly as well.
It’s time for a diversified touristy map feeding the DR industry.

Next on the list is China. Which is a huge market to exploit.
Come on China!
One dollars tours will be welcomed with open arms so long as the proper cronies get their cut.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
DRStock , I have just checked the UK Gov Approved page - 31st October -and three countries out of the seven that were on the Red List do not appear in the UK list of approved countries which was last updated on 28th October. These are : Dominican Republic, Ecuador, and Peru. So I dont think the "Page" is the same.
We need to clarify this by e-mailing Shapp and the British Ambassador here. Contacting them seemed to have some impact before so lets do it again. I would hate to see someone trying to travel to the UK turned down because of the "fine print" .

Here is an additional contact the can be used :

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
DRStock , I have just checked the UK Gov Approved page - 31st October -and three countries out of the seven that were on the Red List do not appear in the UK list of approved countries which was last updated on 28th October. These are : Dominican Republic, Ecuador, and Peru. So I dont think the "Page" is the same.
We need to clarify this by e-mailing Shapp and the British Ambassador here. Contacting them seemed to have some impact before so lets do it again. I would hate to see someone trying to travel to the UK turned down because of the "fine print" .

Here is an additional contact the can be used :
The list of countries with approved proof of vaccination was updated today. The Dominican Republic is not on the list. People who have had their vaccines in the DR will need to follow the rules as if they were unvaccinated.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I just checked again 1/11 and Peru has been added so there are some updates to this list ongoing.

Olly

Eyes

Apr 30, 2012
There was no real justification to have DR on the red list for so long the infection rate in the uk is so high! With Vaccinated numbers over 80 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.