Uk Visa - Case where Sponsor is financially dependant on Dominican Applicant?

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
All the information I can find on UK Spouse Visa say over and over again that the Sponsor (i.e the UK Resident/Citizen) has to prove they are capable of taking care of the applicant financially, Well in my case I am pregnant and My husband takes care of me and our 2 children and will continue to do so in the UK as the business will continue to run with a manager in place.

How do I prove this and even if he can prove he will continue to provide for the whole family, will the fact I am dependant on him with no direct income myself no any chance of employment until the very least end of 2013.

I dont want to go into how much his income is, but it is well above the minimum requirement usually directed at the sponsor.

Are we better having the income paid to me and me being an employee of my husbands business?

Any help appreciated as I dont want to mess this application up.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
The spouse does not have to be the sponsor.
Might be easier to ask a friend/family member?

When I went throught this process I had no income as I had just finished a job
I had no credit rating as I had been out of the country for 10 years and even the inland revenue had gotten confused and tried to bust me in my absense. Even though I had quite a few dollars in cash they would not consider me as a sponsor.

I got my mum to sponsor my wife.
She has a modest pension and little income so, as you say, just about anyone could do it.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
This is only possible until early July when third party sponsors will not be considered, the sponsor MUST have the minimum requirements financially which will then be ?18,600, and the sponsor can not be third party, it is now direct sponsors only, or will be in a few weeks.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
This is only possible until early July when third party sponsors will not be considered, the sponsor MUST have the minimum requirements financially which will then be ?18,600, and the sponsor can not be third party, it is now direct sponsors only, or will be in a few weeks.

But thats my problem, its my Husband that is in receipt of the majority of the income.

Even if I increase my wages from husbands business and reduce his, how do I prove that this will continue after we arrive in the UK?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Under the new regs he might have to apply for a different type of visa, if he is independent then the sponsor need is void, well it doesn't exist as you can't offer it. Having a wife and kids in the country will surely strengthen the case, but the way they check the applications I'd be very paranoid to send in a spouse app without the sponsorship, I think you would be asking for refusal as they seem to work off features, some more than others. Make a case highlighting your points and hope they take them into consideration, or even look at them, I've been hearing the checking system is more so a lotto than ever before now so a bit of skill is needed in how to highlight certain points and where.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
No third party sponsorship?
18,600 quid?
Wow, things are tougher now!.
And you need to pass some bullsh!t English test now as well, I heard?

I suppose they are trying to cut down on immigration fraud but innoncent people are getting caught up in the middle of this.

Good luck and keep us posted....

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yeh, 280 bucks a pop, although the pass rate is pretty easy.
the listening test is a pass at 60 out of a possible 495, and the speaking 50 out of a possible 200.
Just seems a way to get some more cash, if speaking good solid English was something everyone in the UK had to be able to pass the place would be empty. They also bring in the 'know and love the UK' exam with the new regs, so people are going to need to brush up on government and the royals, recent history and all that jazz, which is quite funny. It would be easier to just close the doors, save people the heartache and loss of cash, let them try elsewhere and forget about the UK.
Apparently this whole new approach is a new way to reject more than they were able to do before hand, and I just heard recently they are not even taking any more applications until after the new regs are brought in, so could be tough on some who were expecting the easier route in. Apparently someone can't even deposit the cash into your bank either, so no help even from family ad friends.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I looked at a citizenship test a few months back... I failed... and I am as English as you can get....

I spoke mainly French to the missus beforte we came to the UK and I did not have a job to come to.
Of course she now speaks english and I have a job, as per the plan.

Sounds like we would be buggered if we tried it now.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
They try to cut down on these type of immigration, while there are so many bogus refugees and asylum seekers that are exempt from all this. Many just live here for years waiting for their court appeal and then appeal again as soon as they are refused for the Nth times....

Good luck with your application and bringing your family to UK, I'm on the opposite direction, leaving UK soon... ! - just looking out of the window right now and seeing the black cloud, I'm glad !

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There is maybe light at the end of the tunnel. Check out todays DR news.

UK visas to become easier

Following a meeting between the British Foreign Secretary William Hague and his Dominican counterpart Foreign Relations Minister Carlos Morales Troncoso in January 2012 at which they agreed to seek a Memorandum of Understanding as a way of symbolizing the growing bilateral relationship between the two countries, yesterday Thursday 21 June they signed the Memorandum on Bilateral Cooperation between the UK and the DR.

The MoU covers a number of areas including the promotion of trade and investment, co-ordination in the fight against illegal drug trafficking and working together to address the threat of climate change.

The Foreign Secretary said: "The Dominican Republic is an excellent trade and investment partner, we have a great relationship over security and this indicates our increasing engagement in the Latin-America and Caribbean region. It gives me great pleasure to sign this Memorandum of Understanding on Bilateral Co-operation with the Dominican Republic".

He congratulated Morales Troncoso on the recent election result and also said that there would be a simplification of the system of UK visa allocation to Dominican citizens in order to encourage the climate of commerce, investment and tourism with the DR.

The UK is the fifth largest investor in the DR with a small number of large, diverse investments in various sectors including manufacturing, power generation and tourism.

Matilda

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Has anyone ever heard of the translated birth certificates needing to be legalised twice in santo Domingo, we went today and the translated docs need to go to 2 different places, one on maximo Gomez and also the malecon, the first costing RD265pesos and then the next RD330.
Is this a farce, or they don't know their job?

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Yeh, 280 bucks a pop, although the pass rate is pretty easy.
the listening test is a pass at 60 out of a possible 495, and the speaking 50 out of a possible 200.
Just seems a way to get some more cash, if speaking good solid English was something everyone in the UK had to be able to pass the place would be empty. They also bring in the 'know and love the UK' exam with the new regs, so people are going to need to brush up on government and the royals, recent history and all that jazz, which is quite funny. It would be easier to just close the doors, save people the heartache and loss of cash, let them try elsewhere and forget about the UK.
Apparently this whole new approach is a new way to reject more than they were able to do before hand, and I just heard recently they are not even taking any more applications until after the new regs are brought in, so could be tough on some who were expecting the easier route in. Apparently someone can't even deposit the cash into your bank either, so no help even from family ad friends.

It is quite confusing, a visa expert suggested he apply straight away for his Indefinate Leave to Remain Visa as he is not dependent on anyone, but when I researched it new rules are that you have to have lived in Uk for 2 years before you can do so.

He is taking the TOEIC exam on wednesday, Im am confident he will pass as he spoken english is fantastic..writing not so good but I think his listening and speaking skills will more than compensate for any lack in writing.

Will keep you updated.

Jahdr

Feb 3, 2012
i hope its some luckkk for us! i really need luck this time before the 9th of july. still need to get the english test even i can speak english fluently. but never mind im up for that already and calling to book the test for the next week..

Jahdr

Feb 3, 2012
yes it is like that, i did legalise a marriage certificate, translated, the first one was 330 then anothee 620, and also for my spanish marriage certificate was another 500! for a simply stamp with the same bar code...

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Ok sounds like we will be fine, says only in cases where he can not prove he has this income the partner has to, third parties can not provide financial support it must be the couple in question.

Thanks Matilda