Understanding Luis Abinader’s win

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I am not familiar with his heritage. His last name is similar to Jordanian names I encountered working in the middle east.
Can someone enlighten us on his heritage please ?
He certainly was the least physically Dominican looking candidate in the race and I wonder if that was noted by the press ?

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I am not familiar with his heritage. His last name is similar to Jordanian names I encountered working in the middle east.
Can someone enlighten us on his heritage please ?
He certainly was the least physically Dominican looking candidate in the race and I wonder if that was noted by the press ?
Abinader was born in Santo Domingo on July 12, 1967. His parents are from the Cibao region, his mother is Rosa Sula Corona Caba, a white Dominican of Canarian colonial lineage from the province of La Vega. His father is the businessman and political leader José Rafael Abinader, a Dominican of Lebanese origin and a native of the Monte Cristi province.

So Lebonese🤣

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Abinader was born in Santo Domingo on July 12, 1967. His parents are from the Cibao region, his mother is Rosa Sula Corona Caba, a white Dominican of Canarian colonial lineage from the province of La Vega. His father is the businessman and political leader José Rafael Abinader, a Dominican of Lebanese origin and a native of the Monte Cristi province.

So Lebonese🤣

Not sure what is so '🤣 about the origin of Mr. Abinader, perhaps you can 'enlighten the rest of us.
Anybody with more than a 30 day tourist card would understand the impact and contributions of the Lebanese Christian community within the RD over the last 120+ years.
Mr. Abinader is not the first.