UNIDOS opened Last Week

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
I found the prices decent, although the Dominicans on facebook are saying really expensive. A big step up in layout and selection...and service!

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
My favorit store in SD. I bought so many items over the years there, most all stuff for building/ maintenece our houses. Next month begins black friday, the time to go and by there. When you have a dom. creditcard you can save 40 % of the cost. Look at the newspapers weekly and check out there offers.
I buy every year all paints, tiles, bath furnitures and all what we need at this time and save thousends of pesos.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
My favorit store in SD. I bought so many items over the years there, most all stuff for building/ maintenece our houses. Next month begins black friday, the time to go and by there. When you have a dom. creditcard you can save 40 % of the cost. Look at the newspapers weekly and check out there offers.
I buy every year all paints, tiles, bath furnitures and all what we need at this time and save thousends of pesos.
Unidos really reminds me of Americana until they started sliding downhill.

Hache used to be a great store.. until they started downhill when Americana built Galeria 360.

No idea why they started going down, but I'd guess they ran out of family members who wanted to be involved in the business.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Unidos really reminds me of Americana until they started sliding downhill.

Hache used to be a great store.. until they started downhill when Americana built Galeria 360.

No idea why they started going down, but I'd guess they ran out of family members who wanted to be involved in the business.
That's one of the reasons large Dominican companies should go public and sell their shares in the DR stock market. Maybe if Americana had done that it would still exist today. Family business tend to die after a few generations of the founding families are no longer in the business. That can be avoided by going public.

Unidos was founded by a Spanish guy related to the Corripio. They are from the same town in Asturias, Spain.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Miesposa and the kids went there a few days ago....when I asked them about their experience....they rated the ground floor hardware section ....8/10 ✅.....they found the groceries section disappointing....5/10👎..... They mentioned that the products and brands were similar to other supermarkets in the area, but with fewer options and slightly higher prices compared to Olé or Zaglul.....so they will stick with Supermercados Nacional for groceries.

The kids enjoyed the second floor. Now, it's Papi's turn to check it out😩

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone checkout the liquor dept.?
Nothing to write home about. For liquor go to Licormart up the road towards Fruisa just passed the SJ Mall..................Best prices in the DR.............

Reactions: colmcb

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Nothing to write home about. For liquor go to Licormart up the road towards Fruisa just passed the SJ Mall..................Best prices in the DR.............
Concur stop in last week Its like a huge super Walmart with all Chinese products,,Best thing about that mall is cake Vale

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Unidos has its own credit card from Lopez de Haro Bank. 5% cashback for all purchases at their stores.

J3bvOen.jpg

J3bvebs.jpg

J3bvWfp.jpg