Unification of the DR & Central America

Do you think the DR unifying with Central America is the right decision?

• Total voters

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Panama uses the US Dollar as their currency. Panama also has the canal. I think a lot of things could leave panama going north but not sure how much is coming into Panama from Central America. Panama is pretty big on people retiring there giving them tax breaks on property taxes, easier and cheaper to import there, etc.

actually, the official currency of Panama is the balboa, but it is pegged at a rate of 1:1 with the US dollaar, which is also another official currency.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
actually, the official currency of Panama is the balboa, but it is pegged at a rate of 1:1 with the US dollaar, which is also another official currency.

every time i have been there some of the quarters are different. the bills are the exact same.

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Unify? As in the Islamic Caliphate of Central America and the Caribbean?

It just might work, I don't know. Presidente would be banned of course and women would have to wear burqas.

Would chicharron be haram?

Aug 6, 2006
Panama has a lot of resources that were previously ignored and now are being exploited. The Panamanians use of the Canal has made the country quite prosperous and able to exploit its resources. The Americans I know that have visited Panama are all very impressed with most of the country. One city that people tell me to avoid is either Cristobal or Colon. And no, that is not a dig at CC.

Aug 6, 2006
I have never seen a paper Balboa note.

Now Ecuador uses US dollars. Those Sacajawea dollar coins are especially popular there. US paper money is used everywhere, and there are Ecuadorean coins in 1, 5, 10, 25 and 50 cents used as well as US coins.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I had to go to Colon to pick up my car which had been shipped from Miami. I found a Panamanian who went with me by bus, but he refused to walk even 4 blocks in that city because he was afraid of being assaulted. This was just a few weeks after they had finished filming that James Bond film there.
Der Fish

My brother was in Panama earlier this year and when he told his hosts that they were going to drive to Colon. They told him he was crazy, that it was extremely dangerous. They went anyways and nothing happened but obviously there's a reason they were warned.