Unlocking iPhone

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
there is a snowbreeze jailbreak for 4.1. I havent personally tried.So try at your own risk... if you have ssh blobs backed up in cydia you can revert back to an earlier operating system and then jailbreak (not easy to do... Check youtube) you can use jailbreakme.com for 4.0 and below right from you phone then unlock with redsnow from cydia.PM me If you run into any issues:glasses:If you want installous you have to go under manage=>sources and add the repo Welcome to Cydia.hackulo.us! if you want to sync apps download appsync from sinful iphone add repo www.sinfuliphone repo.com

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
oohhh and for MMS there is a fix to install from cydia you do however have to put in your carriers apn info manually.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
there is a snowbreeze jailbreak for 4.1. I havent personally tried.So try at your own risk... if you have ssh blobs backed up in cydia you can revert back to an earlier operating system and then jailbreak (not easy to do... Check youtube) you can use jailbreakme.com for 4.0 and below right from you phone then unlock with redsnow from cydia.PM me If you run into any issues:glasses:If you want installous you have to go under manage=>sources and add the repo Welcome to Cydia.hackulo.us! if you want to sync apps download appsync from sinful iphone add repo www.sinfuliphone repo.com

you are right, not easy to do. The steps are straight forward but you will get errors and there is little info or false info on the net regarding the fix for the errors. There is a way to revert back and I have done it. Sometimes one can get lucky and revert it without any errors but sometimes, its a pain in the neck. There is good info out, so one has to read it all.
i suggest, the OP wait for the new jailbreak for 4.1. Its coming out soon.
AZB

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
AZB here's the current info from snowbreeze.Sadly I dont have another iphone laying around to verify yet.If anyone wants to try here ya go.:glasses:

Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 can jailbreak following iDevices

iPod touch 1G (Must be jailbroken on any firmware version)
iPod touch 2G (Non-MC Model, Must be jailbroken on any firmware, if not, then use iREB from here)
iPod touch 2G (MC Model, must be on iOS 3.1.2. Does not need to be jailbroken on 3.1.2)
iPod touch 3G (Must be previously jailbroken on 3.1.2)
iPhone 2G
iPhone 3G (Must be jailbroken on any firmware, if not, then use iREB(google this)
iPhone 3GS new bootrom (Must be previously jailbroken on 3.1.2)
iPhone 3GS old bootrom (Must be already jailbroken. If you are jailbroken using Spirit or JailbreakMe, install Spirit2Pwn from iWOOWIZ Repo.
Now here is step by step Information to Jailbreak your iOS 4.1 with Snowbreeze 2.0.1.

How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 with Snowbreeze 2.0.1:

Step 1 download the latest Itune 10

Step 2 : Now first take backup of your device like all data,photos,contact and Music, apps

Step 3 : Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 for windows and iOS 4.1 and save it on your desktop

Step 4 :Run Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 and select ?Expert Mode?

Step 5 : Click the Browse button and select the iOS 4.1 firmware

Step 6 : Now if you are on iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) or iPod touch 3G, make sure you hit ?General?-> and check ?Use iBooty Method (3.1.2 Installation Required!).

Step 7 : If you selected the Simple Mode, snowbreeze will ask if you want to activate (hacktivation) your iPhone. Click No if you are already using the supported carrier.

Step 8: Now select ?Build IPSW?. Sn0wbreeze will create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone which will be jailbroken. Wait for some time for Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 to complete its process.

Step 9:Now, you have to restore to the custom firmware 4.1 created by sn0wbreeze just now. For doing this, click on your phone from the sidebar in iTunes and hold down ?shift? key while clicking the ?Restore? button on iTunes and then release the ?shift? key. After this, iTunes will prompt you to select the location of the custom firmware 4.1. Select the new created custom 4.1 firmware and click ?Open?.

Step 10: Now, wait while iTunes automatically performs steps to jailbreak your device. You will see a progress bar indicating the installation in process. Don?t click on anywhere and after installation is complete, your iPhone will restart automatically

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Here is a video to show you how to jailbreak your 4.1 firmware.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Nn-oWJ7MTY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Nn-oWJ7MTY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Download the jailbreak software from here:

http://www.limera1n.com/

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
Here is a video to show you how to jailbreak your 4.1 firmware.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Nn-oWJ7MTY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Nn-oWJ7MTY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Download the jailbreak software from here:

limera1n

This looks pretty straight forward I think I could do this, but will have to wait for the MAC version.
Thanks!