Update on Banco Popular robbery

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
16,058
2,491
93
Alberto-Ezequiel-Estrella-Arias-Diario-Libre-1024x636.png
Alberto Ezequiel Estrella Arias / Diario Libre

In new developments on the 3 June 2024 Banco Popular robbery, it is now known that the robbers arrived late and the bulk of the cash had already been removed from the bank.

Meanwhile, Waldo Paulino, defense lawyer for the accused of the robbery, says supposedly the Police has the RD$1.6 million taken from the bank. The spokesman for the Police, Diego Pesqueira says the Police does not know the whereabouts of the missing cash.

Judge Rigoberto Sena postponed the custody hearing for Friday, 15 June 2024 to give time to the defense lawyer Waldo Paulino to prepare the case. The accused 36-year old Jorge Luis Estrella Arias and his cousin 26-year old Enmanuel Segura Arias are held at the Palacio de Justicia Ciudad Nueva jail.

A brother of Estrella Arias, 28-year old Alberto Ezequiel Estrella Arias turned himself...

Continue reading...
 
Last edited by a moderator: